G'Mods?

justsellbrgs

:cool: Let's see 'em...

P3288762.jpg

PA245139.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Two cracking mods :cool:

Esp like the top GW-9010 in the cream muddie clothes, works really well IMHO.

What's the lower, is that a dyed strap.

Don't have many modded Gs, here's about the only one of interest. A vanilla GW-9200 Riseman in a MIRO band and bezel.

26042011150.jpg

Spencer Lee

A vanilla GW-9200 Riseman in a MIRO band and bezel.

What a coincidence, i have just recived a GW-9200 Riseman MIRO in a 'Stealth' black case and strap! I'll have to take some pic's later but for now, my 'Stealth' 004:
P1020730.jpg

P1020731.jpg

P1020733.jpg

P1020734.jpg

a familiar sight if you are on TZ-UK as well! BTW, thanks Rutteger, i found this place via your sig, nice gaff, thanks for having me.

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome Spencer. Seen some of your mods on TZUK already. The DW-004 mod looks top, what did you do to it.

Look forward to seeing the Riseman, what are your plans for that one.

Glad the sig works :)

Spencer Lee

Welcome Spencer. Seen some of your mods on TZUK already. The DW-004 mod looks top, what did you do to it.

Well, i just cleaned it up, took the module out and applied a new piece of linear Polarizing film, only turned 90deg so it became a negative display. Then i foolishly tried to take the paint out of the red 'G' on the light button with mild nail polish remover. It did the job but started to melt the plastic button so i rinsed it off and decided the fire damaged Lego look was'nt becoming so i removed the light button and Micromeshed it down until smooth (if you look closely you can just see a feint 'G'). Then, after re-assembly i added the NATO strap adaptors and a 22mm NATO from TSS. I have a grey 24mm which fit's it better but i prefer the black so a black 24mm is next on the shopping list.

Look forward to seeing the Riseman, what are your plans for that one.

To be honest, i did think of putting a negative display on that before it arrived. I did not realise it was a non-Atomic MIRO which had been re-cased. Now i've had a look, i quite like the Fire Axe on the back light and don't know how that would react to a negative display. I'm still getting used to it and finding my way around the world of G-Shock!. I also found myself buying a 5600 that already has a negative display and subdued case and pulled the trigger on a 6900 'Zombie' that just shouted at me.

I think next on the Radar is the 'Eminem' white cased/negative display 6900 that is featured in the awesome pic's on another thread.

rutteger

Administrator
I note the modified light button now you mention it. What is micromesh, not a term I'm come accross before. Bad job the nail polish remover melted it the plastic, I've seen sites recommend 'goof off 2' for use on buttons although I'm unsure exactly what this is nor if it's available in the US.

Sounds like you have a few things on the go. Look forward to seeing them. Be interesting to modify to negative a G with a feature EL, no idea if it'd work either.

Did you get your stealthed MIRO from TZ-UK? Think I have the ornage band and bezel here on my vanilla GW-9200, also picked up from there.

Spencer Lee

Micromesh (or Micro mesh) is a micro abrasive cloth. It's similar to the stuff ladies use on nail boards. One of my activities is making Bushcraft knives and this brought me into contact with a rare supplier in the UK. Basically, he was changing his business so i bought all his stock off him and now sell it through British Blades knife forum.

Basically you can use it on almost anything. I've used it to clean up badly scarred plexi glass, knife blades, brass, copper, wood, composites, acrylics; you name it, it works. Starting off using a fine grit (1500) you use it in one direction until the scar or damge is invisible, the, change the direction 90deg and go for the next grit up (1800). Then work your way through the rest of the grit grades (2400, 3200, 4000, 6000) which is where i stopped with this button. If you wanted a finer finish you can go up to 8000 and 12000. This, particularly on knife blades, is mirror quality, show standard finish. You can buy smaller quantities on e-bay but i do packs of 13 grit grades, each sheet is 14" X 6" for £25.

One of the beauties of it is that it is cloth and not paper so, when you've finished, you can rinse and re-use. I have a pack at work and i'm still using it a year after i opened it. I've done a few Omega, Longines and Rolex clasps, a Panerai deployant and numerous Seiko cases, bracelets and clasps as well as knives and anything that needs it.

Yes, i got mine from TZ-UK and i have a suspicion they are probably from the same source. I'll let you know how i get on with the negative feature EL.