New 'Man' Arrives!

Spencer Lee

P1020805.jpg

P1020806.jpg

P1020807.jpg

From Y2K, JDM only, the first 'Atomic' watch. Laydees and genallmen, Masters of 'G' Antman Gold!:cool:

rutteger

Administrator
Love it, one of the rarer Masters I'd think. Surely worth a trip to Japan to check the Atomic radio still works ;)

Any wrist shots? Supposed to be BIG.

Spencer Lee

To be honest, if a watch is too big, i'll not wear it. It have 7.5" wrists but quite chunky forearms and this Antman is comparable in size to my Riseman, maybe a bit bigger. It is thicker and sits proud of the wrist but not excessively so. I will do some wrist shots..................when the silver version gets here!:rolleyes:

Did i mention it has full B&P as well?

The thing i like about the 'Antman' is the way the numbers roll round horizontally, very retro; a bit 'Space 1999'!

http://youtu.be/5c96YJ-u4Ms

This is the 60Khz version; the 'Fukoshima' i think. The silver one i have coming is the 40Khz version so, if i ever get to Japan, i'll take them both and see if they work. I'll have a watch for the East coast and one for the West!

And, if you are good boys and i get the opportunity, i'll get some pic's of the Jack bauer 'CTU' Special Edition that turned up last week!:cool:

rutteger

Administrator
Two Antman (Antmen?), good work. Japan is well worth a visit, especially if you need to test out your G-Shock :)

The Jack Bauer CTU G-Shock sounds good, pics for sure. Did he wear one in the show? Watched the first two seasons, great stuff. Thanks to this now have the CTU phone tone in my head...

rutteger

Administrator
One of the most cool looking vintage G-Shocks along with DW-8300. Gigantic is the new big ;)

Good point, perhaps one of the reasons the G-Shocks look so current is their size given the current trend is for large time pieces.