GB6900AA from Japan / Compatible with US iphone5?

sammyjoms

I recently purchased a GB-6900AA from Japan on Ebay, but before sending me the watch I received an e-mail from the seller telling me that certain features might not work on a phone here in the US, asking me if I still wanted it. My son recently got an iphone5, does anyone know if a watch purchased in Japan will work with an iphone5 in the US? If not, he is allowing me to cancel the order... don't know what to do!!

rutteger

Administrator
As far as I know the GB-6900AA should be compatible with any iPhone 4s or 5, first I've heard about certain features not working in different locations.

sammyjoms

Response from Seller Regarding Compatibility with US Phone

This was the response (below) I received when asking them if it would work and what features would not... I followed up today asking them if they would let me return it should we get it here and find that features would not work... I guess I will just take my chances as my son really wants one for Christmas...

"We are not sure now
Until now, we sold over 10 watches to customers.
We have not received any problem after they receive.
I tell you before we send because the previous model doesn't fully support oversea phone.
This one is new version.
We are worry it may have problem.
For I know, they will have the new all for oversea.
If you think it is ok, we can send the item to you"

rutteger

Administrator
Fairly non noncommittal. The GB-6900AA is an updated model, as the seller states Casio have made updates (assume software) over the original GB-6900. I would think the seller is covering their back, everything Casio has put out about this watch indicates it will be compatible with the iPhone5. It's slated for a US release (perhaps Shocker can tell us when) if that sways you either way.

sammyjoms

Taking a Leap of Faith and Having it Sent!!

Fairly non noncommittal. The GB-6900AA is an updated model, as the seller states Casio have made updates (assume software) over the original GB-6900. I would think the seller is covering their back, everything Casio has put out about this watch indicates it will be compatible with the iPhone5. It's slated for a US release (perhaps Shocker can tell us when) if that sways you either way.

Thanks for the insight...I did choose to go ahead and have them send it to me. He told me I could extend the return time since I was not giving it as a gift until December 25th. (14 day return policy) Will try it out and hopefully have good luck with it!! Thanks again!:D