Charging G-Shock Rechargeable Watches...

Trig

I have found that a standard 100 Watt spiral twist light bulb, the kind that screws into a socket, charges my G-Shock watches well. I use the light bulb in a portable spot light holder that has a clamp on base. Clamp it to a table and shine the light about 6 inches from the watch face. The watch will charge from M (medium level) to H (high level) in several hours. Standard incandescent filament light bulbs didn't charge my watches, even after several days.

Also, I made a watch hanger, with hooks made of plastic coated wire. That way, the chargeable watches can be in room light when not being worn, for ambient light charging. This one has hooks for all 3 of my rechargeable watches. The watch faces the window in the room.

Trig

rutteger

Administrator
Interesting, do you have an image?

Normally just stick mine on a window ledge for a few days if they dip into medium?

I'd have thought something like a halogen spotlight bulb might have been more effective...

Trig

Apparently incandescent lamps don't output the wavelength of light that excites the solar cell. Halogen lamps are also incandescent, the halide gas makes the filament redeposit back if it vaporizes off. The spiral twist florescent worked extremely well/fast.

Trig

Arcy

I stuck my GX-56 on the kitchen work surface underneath the halogen spotlights we have under the kitchen cupboards and that took it from medium to high in a couple of hours.