Unpopular MTG-1200B-1AER?

Trident328

Hi all,

I'm new to G-Shock and this forum.
My first G-Shock, which i bought last month, was the GW-2310 and I think I've caught the G-bug.
I just bought another, this time, a MTG-1200B-1AER (module 5040) on ebay for about USD $620 to be delivered in about a fortnight from overseas.
http://www.casioonline.co.uk/Watches/G-Shock/MTG/MTG-1200B-1AER/

I'm having quite a bit of trouble trying to find reviews on this model specifically.

Is it "unpopular" or perhaps something about the module that people are steering away from that I don't know about?

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome to the site, sounds like you have the G-shock bug already :)

Nothing at all wrong with the MTG line afaik. The MTG range does seem a little overlooked sometimes, think this is because they are quite expensive relative to many other Gs and also because Casio don't market them very strongly - the aviator range which often have a similar price point seem to get most of the attention currently.

Scary Hair

Hi Trident328

I WANTED the analog/ digital version but did not like a metal strap so went for a 3500 instead also I was threatened with DEVORCE IF I spent that much on a watch. It is beautiful you enjoy it :encouragement: it is SUPERB!!.

Trident328

hhahahah, that's so funny.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean Scary Hair... exactly.

I'm getting married in April 2013, which is also why i bought a second-hand Omega Seamaster (two months ago) and two G-shocks before the good ol' bank accounts are combined.

So, just worming my way outta this one... "tactfully"!!

Scary Hair

Just tell her how GOOD it will look on your wedding photo's in years to come as it is a timeless classic and will not date ;).
(No pun intended).

Also IF it is any consolation I have only seen the model you have got in High End jewelers and they have been listed as MTG no mention of them being from Casio.I think rutteger is right with the price tag it's like ohh it's a Casio like a bad thing. Well in fact they are the best watch out thire in terms of durability and design functionality!.