Modding my AWR-M100-1ADR

dboy225

Hey y'all..

This is my first G-Shock, but I'd like to see what my options are to "stretch it out" if you will. From the brief description I read when bidding for this watch, I discovered that this is a Limited Edition (either that or the seller is a liar :rolleyes: ). Does anyone know what base model this watch comes from? And if you know of this watch, what's the best place to find extra parts for this model?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359327382236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359327382236.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 411

rutteger

Administrator
The model number you've given is not for a limited edition one, sorry. It's still a fine watch though, sure you'll enjoy it.

As for modding the most obvious route is to change the band and bezel. Take a look at our list of spares suppliers in the wiki > G-Shock spare parts suppliers , suggest you have a look to see what is available for this model. Of course you can take it further by doing things like modding dial and hands but then it starts getting tricky :)

dboy225

Sorry no real pics yet..I still have a few days to wait for the delivery. One day in the not so distant future I'll drop in some before/after wrist pics.

Due to the price I doubted it was a "limited edition"..but I'm glad you could confirm that for me. I'm headed to check out that wiki..always looking for fun ways to personalize my stuff. Doubt I'll ever go as deep as the dial but who knows, maybe one day this will become a Frankenwatch.

Thanks for the reply.

dboy225

Wow this watch is awesome! Better than I expected. I learned that there is one other watch in the Series, which happens to be the limited edition one. It's basically the same watch only in navy blue and with a few minor differences. I'm actually kinda glad there's not many modding options for this..it'll force me into collecting G-Shocks! :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359497197177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359497197177.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 537
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359497240498.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359497240498.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 353