Tried something new.

Stu65

Tried something different as a project.

Hi all, yesterday a DW-5600CS was delivered to me that I won off the bay with the intention of using it to try something that I had never done before, anyway you will get the idea once you see the pics.
First off the bezel was removed for these pics.
SDC11151_zps7e1ec622.jpg

SDC11150_zps2c94f9ea.jpg

SDC11149_zps910df7c4.jpg

Now I have in the past tried my hand at polishing and brushing bracelets and watch cases but I have never tried scratch removal from a crystal so with various grade glass removal pastes that I made up and with some elbow grease and patience here is my first attempt.
DW-5600CS now with the bezel on.
SDC11147_zps3cf8160e.jpg

SDC11146_zps04cb960c.jpg

SDC11148_zps0a34654d.jpg

So not too bad for a first attempt and now I am on the lookout for another scratcher to play with but for this one I think it was well worth the £14 that it cost me.

Cheers,

Stu.

rutteger

Administrator
Top work Stu, from the pics it looks perfect! What did you use exactly? How long did it take? Did you use a dremel or anything similar to assist with the polishing??

Stu65

Thanks Rutteger, I bought a polishing kit ages ago consisting of 4 grades to make into a paste, 1 coarse, 1 medium, 1 fine and 1 polishing compound.
Made the paste and a dremel with various heads for the grades i used plus some by hand alone as the dremel makes the crystal heat up pretty quickly and total time if you look at the watch pics were roughly about an hour.
It just seemed a shame to let a good watch go to waste because of a scratch and to be honest I really enjoy seeing the end result.
My missus cannot believe what a good job I have done and is looking around for me to have a go at something else.