futures speculation: the g shock burton 100bth

rumpleforeskin

futures speculation: the g shock burton 100btn

you really don't see many on the bay anymore. what i mean by that is pages of them.

they price out @ around $175+/- which seems to be the going rate.

i wonder what the future holds for this collab?

it seems like burton is more well known than some/most of the goofy collabs..and the cordura band/neg display and good looks could keep it escalating in value. i don't think many people realize how comfortable this cordura nylon strap is. this is arguably the 'most comfortable' watch in the whole g-shock lineup because of it. add in a pretty good look and value could escalate on it.

thoughts?

images

Psweeting

It's not a 6900 or a GA-110 so that limits its value massively. It most likely won't ever be worth RRP in the future.

rumpleforeskin

It's not a 6900 or a GA-110 so that limits its value massively. that's a bunch of bologna

It most likely won't ever be worth RRP in the future.

it's already going for 175 pretty regularly. the initial price was 170..so i don't how you're deducting our conclusions

rumpleforeskin

what you don't see on this watch is a bunch of pre-owned models being sold. and when you do see used ones come up for auction the LE Collab keeps the price high

rumpleforeskin

i like following the pricing of this watch while watching the riseman pricing move as well. wasn't the base model riseman was tag priced or msrp @ $220? i don't know how much more the solar/atomic versions were, the solar/atimc versions can now be had new @ $170....that's a pretty big drop off.

what does it tell you?...it tells me solar/atomic are bug $$$ makers for casio. both of these technologies will might soon be standard in every g-shock...as the base model non atimic/solar riseman doesn't see nearly as huge price drop offs...

chrisek

On non-special models there is usually a 25%-30% drop in price (online price, suggested retail doesn't change) once the market is saturated (all the stores have them). I don't think solar/atomic will become standard simply because it helps maintain the US $100 bump between the versions.

Also, the places that have 6+ month winters and are too far from radio towers need watches under sleeves. Just my two cents.

rumpleforeskin

On non-special models there is usually a 25%-30% drop in price (online price, suggested retail doesn't change) once the market is saturated (all the stores have them). I don't think solar/atomic will become standard simply because it helps maintain the US $100 bump between the versions.

Also, the places that have 6+ month winters and are too far from radio towers need watches under sleeves. Just my two cents.

you might be right. in order to keep the illusion that the solar/atomic is special they may have to keep the other model around..but, if g-shock is ever going to start raising their prices to have perceived quality stuff, as opposed to being an cheap digital watch....one way is to include it. ..i think it's almost guaranteed they will start to include solar/atomic as being standard. they only question is to "when" it's going to happen.

rumpleforeskin

i think it's already proven to be worth more than the base model riseman. the ebay prices don't lie.

there's more base models + pre-owned 9200 riseman. even if new it doesn't demand as much money as the burton model.

i don't think this will change. casio must have pumped out 10 riseman for every 1 burton....i .have have nothing to base this on,..but LE vs. a non, thats part of their line of watches had to be made at a much higher clip.

burton supply seems to drying up, imo.