GSet-30 goes international

chrisek

Recently announced http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/new_products/ the GSET-30 is heading international.

uploadfromtaptalk1378849472017.jpg

It comes with two DW's, one in carbon with green screen, and one classicly styled reproduction (similar to releases in the 20th anniv, and 25th anniv editions) and the first "jointed" GMan.

Interesting point here is that while "International" release for September, it hasn't popped up on any national GShock websites. Post up when known!

The other interesting thing is that this box is part of the 4th wave (carbon fiber) of the 30th anniv and the 6930d isn't on the international release list. Good, bad, indifferent, post up your thoughts. This is the first time Casio has released 2 "Project Team Tough"'s together, much less in the same year.

rumpleforeskin

Recently announced http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/new_products/ the GSET-30 is heading international.

View attachment 7424

It comes with two DW's, one in carbon with green screen, and one classicly styled reproduction (similar to releases in the 20th anniv, and 25th anniv editions) and the first "jointed" GMan.

Interesting point here is that while "International" release for September, it hasn't popped up on any national GShock websites. Post up when known!

The other interesting thing is that this box is part of the 4th wave (carbon fiber) of the 30th anniv and the 6930d isn't on the international release list. Good, bad, indifferent, post up your thoughts. This is the first time Casio has released 2 "Project Team Tough"'s together, much less in the same year.

if i every consider purchasing this for +$500 please smack me. if that's the case, it would prolly do no good. the g-shock disease prolly has spread to far to do anything

chrisek

If it comes to the US who know what the suggested retail will be. At that point supply may exceed demand, or it may not.

LUW

I have the suspicion that if this gets widely available, prices WILL drop. When it first came out, everybody thought it was a LE JDM set. The watches offered on the set are not exactly spectacular, even with half of them having a CF finish, and let's face it, the G-Man is cool, but we don't collect action figures here. So everyone was mesmerized by the collector's value of the set, not by the actual product per se. But if you can easily get a set, the collector's value will take a dive, and since the watches are not T5030-special, very possibly market prices will fall too.

As I've said elsewhere, Casio is really overdoing this LE thing that they have going on
rollingeyes.gif

chrisek

Agreed. Also completely agree that usually when a watch hits the US market the world market is over supplied. Just still don't know the extent of the release. Only that it is now outside of Japan.

LUW

I doubt Casio would pass on the opportunity to milk the North American cow and only milk the European one
icon_wink.gif

rumpleforeskin

let's face it, the G-Man is cool, but we don't collect action figures here.

don't kid yourself. people luv these happy meal toys.

i think i can retire if i make a line of bendable g-shock men and start selling them as limited editions.

the rainbow man will be limited to 10 and the price will be $799.

chrisek

You'd be surprised how often it happens. Just like the 6930d and 5630d still aren't slated for international.

I just thought it was newsworthy enough to share in this forum that this set will be more widely available than originally thought (as you mentioned). I am one of the people who purchased one of the remaining sets of what I thought to be a japan only release. I made my decision based on this assumption, and found out my assumption is wrong.

At this point I am just trying to inform others who are considering this purchase to not make the same assumptions I (or others) did and is why I'm asking for others to post up if they hear which markets they are going to. Not everyone is into this set, I am completely OK with that. The ones who are should have the information to help them make decisions.
:thumbup:

chrisek

I wish I had known a week ago, and at this point just happy I "only" paid Japanese retail. As has already been pointed out, it was/is very easy to pay more.

LUW

don't kid yourself. people luv these happy meal toys.
Oh, I love 'em too, but I won't go out of my way to get one. If it came bundled up in the box with a tasty meal, fantastic, but I wouldn't buy the box just because of the toy.

I just thought it was newsworthy enough to share in this forum that this set will be more widely available than originally thought (as you mentioned). I am one of the people who purchased one of the remaining sets of what I thought to be a japan only release. I made my decision based on this assumption, and found out my assumption is wrong.

At this point I am just trying to inform others who are considering this purchase to not make the same assumptions I (or others) did and is why I'm asking for others to post up if they hear which markets they are going to. Not everyone is into this set, I am completely OK with that. The ones who are should have the information to help them make decisions.
:thumbup:
And it sure is great news in general! If it does come down to a more reasonable price, I might get tempted to go after one myself
icon_wink.gif
I really wish Casio would do the same for the T5030.