Black Scuffs

Qasim

Hello,

I recently became the proud owner of a G7900A-7 in Red and it works like a dream, one thing though. I am quite a clumsy guy, and I tend to knock my watch a lot and as a result I have scratched the watch and found some black scuffs appearing. Can I do anything to remedy the scuffs?

The file attached shows a scuff at the top right.

Many thanks,
Qasim

Attachments

• WP_20131001_020.jpg
    WP_20131001_020.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 267

LUW

Maybe if you showed us a clearer pic we could give you an idea, but I really can't see what your're referring to with that pic.

Qasim

I can`t really manage any better quality pics as the scuffs aren`t deep, they are light, I think it is the red resin being scuffed. The one here is above the top right black screw.

LUW

Oh, now I think I see them. It looks like the resin is scratched close to the black rivet and under the "Shock" lettering. If it's indeed a scratch there isn't much you can do short of trying to buff them out - and that's not easy to do, since you can replace a scratch with buff marks.

LUW

You would have to use something with abrasive properties, like sandpaper, buffing compound, even steel wool. The problem is that by the same process that you remove the scuffs, you may leave buffing marks. So unless you have already done something similar I wouldn't risk it.

The best solution for you would be simply to buy a new bezel. (cheap and easy to swap).