No sound from 3063?!

apm101

Hi all,

I've just bought a secondhand rather nice GW5600-1ER, and very nice it is too.

It's the negative display model, which is really cool (if a little tricky to read sometimes). Luckily, it came with a spare module with the positive display, so I can switch them over if I want to.

Anyway, I'm really happy with it (them?), very pleased!

Something odd is going on though. On both modules (the one in the watch and the other), I am hearing no beeps at all, for changing mode, starting/ stopping stopwatch or timer, the alarm or signal. I thought it might be low charge, but both are showing level 2 (ie M on the display). Otherwise, both are operating well with all functions working.

Any ideas/ thoughts welcome!

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom and guidance!

Best regards,

Alex.

terryjames

Alex check that the spring is not missing from the movement.I f it is an easy fix to make one from spring that holds the flint of cheap cigarette lighter.If your not sure what spring i`m talking about go to youtube and check out changing battery on a G-shock and i am sure you will find it……….. Terry

apm101

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for this, absolutely spot on.

Found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGtz-xh3wcM

Very helpful indeed.

I opened up the G, and lo and behold, there are actually TWO alarm springs in this guy. One was attached to the spare module, and the other just missing. I popped open a spring bar, which had a spring just the right size. Cut to length, in it went and... BEEP!

All fixed up!

Great job!!

Cheers,

Alex.

LUW

If a G was opened (for whatever reason) and afterwards you get no sound, ALWAYS the first thing to check is that/those darn spring(s).