The logic of modding Gs! Insanity or vanity?

Ninja

There are countless threads of modding Gs with a ton of pics. However the threads to explain the logic or idea behind them are a lot few.

I just want to shred some light on this topic and gives it more exposure. For me, I do it to make my Gs more unique and flamboyant. It is also to get rid of the stock look.

I just don't like to get seen wearing the exact same watch as other G-Shock fanboys out in the streets.

The fun of collecting Gs, despite the resin rot problem, is the pure possibility of changing the looks of the Gs. Bezel, band, screws, bottom cover etc etc. U can transform a G into any other look easily. :devilish:

I started with modding King G, then squares and finally Frogman. It has been a fun journey of trial and error of matching colours and getting the necessary parts.

Will upload the pics of my latest 2 mods once I get home. Still stuck in office for now. :)

Ninja

20131224_120825.jpg
20131224_120857.jpg
20131224_132808.jpg

Pics as promised. Cheers

LUW

It's all about "customizing", to make it look better in your eyes. These mods we do very rarely improve functionality, they basically make the watch look better. And as Ninja said, a huge bonus is that in the end you get a more unique watch, something that you can't buy in a store.

Ninja

Thanks for the kind words, buddy.

It's all about "customizing", to make it look better in your eyes. These mods we do very rarely improve functionality, they basically make the watch look better. And as Ninja said, a huge bonus is that in the end you get a more unique watch, something that you can't buy in a store.