Cool G-Shock story

Ben_R

So I've been wearing my g shocks to work for quite some time now. One of my coworkers, and friends, has been checking them out. He likes em but didn't know if he'd like how big they are. I've let him try on a few different models, trying to persuade him that he'll really enjoy it. He has a regular digital watch he wears all the time. I believe its a wal mart timex or something. Anyway he told his wife he may want a G-Shock for Christmas.
Well a little while ago he sent me a text message to show me what his wife had bought him, and let's just say I am now the one jealous of his watch...
7y2ydevu.jpg

I couldn't believe his wife picked this up for him. He is one lucky man and now part of the G-Shock family.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!

tyr75

Well. My first g-shock was a dw-5600. i think one of the first " illuminators "
A very nice piece. Not for too long, because it got stolen. I still don't know who it was.
And now... i'm kind of crying after it. I want to buy one again. the military version i guess. but i don't know about the negative display. Anybody got experiance with it?

LUW

but i don't know about the negative display. Anybody got experiance with it?
There are two things that really annoy me. The first one is kidney stones - four times in the last 13 months
banging.gif
The second thing is negative displays.

chrisek

And I'll be on the dark side of that conversation. LUW and I balance out well on this topic I think. :cool:

To be fair, if you never seen/handled one in person you should do that first. Even if it is just inside flourescent lighting. For a lot of people it is simply a "stop do not pass" right there.

Truly, negative displays are not for everyone.

sent with aloha

tyr75

well.. i think it depends on what kind of model u have. i think the newer ones are better. like on the GD-100. for example.
i like negative displays. but it gets anoying if u have to turn on the light just to see the time. :p