Cannot switch off alarm on G-Shock 2278

warmbells

Cannot switch off alarm on G-Shock dw-9051 (2278)

Hi,

I have a problem with the alarm function. I followed the instructions in the user manual to set the alarm a few months ago, it worked okay. now I no longer need the alarm to sound. I followed the instructions to switch off the alarm but it still sounds every day. Please help as it is now getting very annoying.

Tnx,

Gerald

Sengyoku

Hi,

I have a problem with the alarm function. I followed the instructions in the user manual to set the alarm a few months ago, it worked okay. now I no longer need the alarm to sound. I followed the instructions to switch off the alarm but it still sounds every day. Please help as it is now getting very annoying.

Tnx,

Gerald

Hi Gerald, I'm a bit surprised no one has replied to you yet... But it's probably because not many if us know the module numbers as well as the model numbers.

Anyway, you have a dw-9051 or similar right? It just sounds like you have one or more of the 5 alarms activated (there's also 'sig' which is the hourly chime). You can tell by the alarm 'wave' symbol that should appear on the display in the top middle. To turn it off, you need to scroll to the alarm mode, then use the bottom right button to scroll through each alarm, and use the top right button to toggle the alarm on or off, but you need to do it for each alarm. If all alarms are off then the icon shouldn't appear...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

warmbells

Hi Gerald, I'm a bit surprised no one has replied to you yet... But it's probably because not many if us know the module numbers as well as the model numbers.

Anyway, you have a dw-9051 or similar right? It just sounds like you have one or more of the 5 alarms activated (there's also 'sig' which is the hourly chime). You can tell by the alarm 'wave' symbol that should appear on the display in the top middle. To turn it off, you need to scroll to the alarm mode, then use the bottom right button to scroll through each alarm, and use the top right button to toggle the alarm on or off, but you need to do it for each alarm. If all alarms are off then the icon shouldn't appear...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it is a dw-9051. I have tried what you said, the symbol shows on all 5 alarms (I only set one) but it stays on display when I press the top right button. If I cannot get it to stop I might have to resort to taking the battery out for a few minutes and then see what happens.

I have had the watch quite some time and this is only the second battery.

Gerald

Sengyoku

I think a reset should be an affirmative way of solving the problem...but since you've changed batteries before I assume you know what you're doing :)

Just remember to perform the ac reset by inserting your tweezers in the two holes...