Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 froze up

Brunt The Grunt

does this mean that I need a new battery or has it malfunctioned? All it's done is sat on my wrist for a year other than that no abuse or anything.

Brunt The Grunt

NCM_0133[1].jpg

it's been stuck on that since yesterday. In the top left hand corner it's got some funny characters I've never seen before

chrisek

Me thinking of computers would suggest popping the battery for a hard reset. If that doesn't work then I would consider replacing it. Anybody else have other ideas?

sent with aloha

Sengyoku

Yeah, like Chris says, if in doubt, reboot it :)

But before you do I'd consider contacting Casio about it first or where you bought it from... you've had yours for just a year right? Gs normally have 2 year warranties right? You might be able to get a replacement for a defective module...

Sent from the 'droid.

Brunt The Grunt

well looks like I'm replacing it bummer lol. I just got it January 11th last year and I'm 1 month past the year warranty. Tried to hard reset it which it did but it won't let me set the time, none of the buttons work

Brunt The Grunt

very freaking weird but I looked over and it's working again YAYYYYYYYY. Maybe it just needed some fun in the sun. Was able to set and all buttons functioning.

LUW

Sometimes these modules need a big "scare": pull out the battery for a minute and when you put it back in (as long as you are certain that it's good) do a hard reset. If the module isn't defective that usually works, like when you turn off your PC for a minute and then it starts working fine again.