G shock tide/moon question.

paublo25

I kayak fish almost weekly and was looking into the Gshock series with tide/moon data. I live in south Louisiana and was wondering if the data is current data or predicted data? Also are they programable for different areas or are the preset, I fish all across the state. Basically I would like it if it would tell me current data of where I'm fishing at that time in Louisiana. I know it won't be exact but it would be nice to know if what was predicted turned out to be late or early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisek

This is predicted data. The watches don't have a way of "pulling" or syncing the data. I have heard there are other surf watches that are much more accurate than the G's for this purpose.

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Good Evening paublo25,

Sounds like you need a Pathfinder or Protrek watch which are made by CASIO. These have been there ABC watches for many years now. You can purchase a model which will give you moon / tide data and its programmable for the longitude and latitude you find yourself currently in. I would recommend the PRW 2500-1 very nice watch light on the wrist. They are all solar power, and this particular model will give you the data that your looking for. It also comes with a Compass, Barometer, Altimeter, Thermometer, World Time, and has Atomic Time Keeping Capabilities.
I have own several over the years and they are awesome.

Amazon carries this watch and I believe they have some for $169.95 U.S.

prw2500-1_xlarge.jpg

Hope you find the watch your looking for, and I hope this advice helps you out.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72