what if casio started "retro-ing" g shocks?

saru7

what if casio took a leaf out of nikes book and start "retroing" vintage models, either as original or updated with new features, materials. i think theyd make a killing!

if they did, what models would you like to see brought back to life?

I think something like the dw8000
121116.jpg

or or maybe a revamp of the dw6800 but as a gdx would go well in todays market (just gotta throw some rainbow colours at it lol)
282508d1273018486-my-rare-casios-dw-6800-2.jpg

would also love to see the stargate and/or gundams with an updated module :cool:

saru7

i guess so but to me it isnt really a stretch since theyve continued to make essentially the same watch consistantly over the years since its release, just minus the obsurd price tag. im talking rebirth or in movie talk, franchise reboot lol

Sengyoku

Casio does do revamps from time to time. The Jason springs to mind :)

Although the original Jason had an arguably more advanced feature set...namely sunrise and sunset and temperature sensor! But I guess it was the look that was being rehashed rather than the module.

I think the good ol' square, as retro as it is, hasn't gone out of fashion or favour with consumers or collectors all this time so it's a bit of a special case! The GW-5000 is expensive, but I do think you get something extra special in that tip to toe DLC steel case :) and it is a real, proper revamp homage of the original G in that respect because you could say modern squares just different becuase they are resin cased...

Sent from the 'droid.

Notfarout

Its good to kno that they have stuck to ther roots. Many companies move on to bigger and better things. Having the 5600 as a base model and the 6900 continue is a fantastic idea. the Gx-56 i think was a little big (I do have one and I love it) but if they scaled the 5600 up like the gdx6900 that would be cool.
Companies that bring back the old styles get collectors heated as they dont want the value of what they have collected deminished by a 2nd release. not being re-released also enhanses the chase of the model that you would love to have in your collection.......not sure this is not topic but my theory.