OT: I need some PP help

LUW

In a non-G transaction through PayPal, I'm dealing with a scumbag seller :mad-new:. Getting directly to the point, he didn't send me what he was supposed to and I had to file a dispute and then escalate to a claim with PP. Now PP ruled in my favor with a partial refund:

We encourage you to consider the partial refund offer thoroughly. By
accepting the seller's offer you will be closing this case amicably. If you
deny the seller's offer, the investigation will continue.

I want to get this over with and it's better to get a partial refund then nothing, so I'm going to accept it. The problem is that in their resolution center there's no link for me to click on that will take me to an option of "accept the refund" or anything like it. The only "clickable" option that I have is to cancel the claim. Is that what I'm supposed to do? If I cancel the claim they will understand that I'm accepting the partial refund? There's no way for me to contact PP and ask them about this (I get redirected to their canned answers) so I don't know what to do :confused:.

Any pointers?

Sengyoku

Don't cancel the claim!

I think at this point you're just supposed to respond in writing in the PP resolution centre messages to the seller. Then the ball is back in the seller's corner and he'll just have to process the refund. Then PayPal closes the case...'amicably'

Good luck!

Sent from the 'droid.

LUW

Ok, now a button showed up where I can accept or decline the refund, but if I click on it accepting, I get a message that my "last action was not possible to confirm".
banging.gif

Both here and at home, with Firefox or Chrome.

Sengyoku

Maybe it needs a bit of time to sort itself out... but failing that I'd contact PayPal, as it's supposed to be an 'official action'

Sent from the 'droid.

LUW

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I found a toll free number for PP Brazil, so if until tomorrow I can't get through, I'll try calling.
But thanks for the advice! I'm only getting $15 back and not the $23 that the douchebag cost me, but it's better then nothing.

saru7

afaik, pp doesnt give you the option of partial, they give the options to the seller and he chooses what he wants to give you.
if youre keeping whatever they sent then they usually only give a partial. unless the item is only a couple bucks (ive gotten a few free cables this way).

ideally, the seller should pay for return shipping to get their item back (before sending you the correct item) but im guessing shipping is just as much as the refund.

its annoying but i guess its better than nothing. if it was thru ebay just make sure you leave your feedback before the dispute is closed

LUW

Yeah, that's the case. The bastard took forever to ship, I asked to cancel and he didn't respond, even after I filed a dispute. When I upgraded to claim he then sent the package with missing prats.
100% cockroach.

saru7

gah i hate those ppl!
why are they wasting their time (and yours) being a seller if they dont want to do the basics things required of a seller?! i dont like shoveling shit so i dont work in a zoo. simple!

tho in saying that i have had far more bad experiences as a seller than a buyer even tho ive only been a seller for a tenth of the number of times ive bought.
ive even had to reduce myself to adding a clause "if you dont have the money to pay or dont intend on paying, please dont bid"! should be self explanatory with all the notifications you get while bidding but nope, ppl are fkn retards! (or just dont care that theyre wasting other ppls time) :miserable: