Ga1000-1a

fishstix

First time poster and I am fixing to be a 1st time g-shock owner. This is where I need your help. I am looking at a used watch but I am not sure how to spot a fake. The guy has the original tin and paperwork (so he says). He has sent me pictures of the watch but the pictures are not very good. This will be a face to face transaction so I need some help on what to look for in a fake..... I have not seen the watch in person only by these pictures. Let me know what you think and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Fishstix

Attachments

• g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 504
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,947
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5,177

chrisek

Fortunately that is a newer release and I have not seen any fakes yet. Think it is legit. :)

sent with aloha

saru7

yep gets a thumbs up from me too. even with the low quality pix you can still make out the build and resin quality.
newer model + not as popular = less likely to have fakes
make sure you post some better pix once you get it ;)

BACKBLAST72

Good evening fishstix,

I owned the GA 1000-2A and by looking at the pictures he send you I think its a real G-Shock your dealing with. There is one thing you could ask of him and this is for him to send you a quick video of the watch with its illuminator / backlight turned on. It should light up the entire face like a black light does your t-shirts in a club. And one thing neat about this G-Shock the light will even illuminate the tip of the second's hand. Consequently, I do agree with my friends saru7 and chrisek the watch is an early release of 2013 so chances are is an original. This watch is part of Casio's aviation family of watches so I yet to see a fake in this line up.

I hope the little info I shared with you helps you. I love the 2A I have.

Sincerely,
BB72.

fishstix

Thanks for the information, it sure makes the buying process easier. I will be buying the watch this weekend and I will post some better pictures.

Thanks again

fishstix

First off, I want to thank this site and the people on it. Not very often does a person, join a site, make a post needing advice and actually have people respond. In my experience you somewhat have to wait and pay your dues before people seem to help and this site responded quickly. Thank You.:encouragement:

Well
I finally got it and I was impressed with the condition it was in. The thickness of this watch was a little shocking, but I am getting used to it.. It does have a small scratch on the bottom right of the watch but for the price I felt it was a good deal. I ended up paying $90 for it off of craigslist. I have attached pictures of it and these pictures do not do this watch justice. It is in good shape.

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_081329712_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140317_081329712_HDR.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_20140317_082956867.jpg
    IMG_20140317_082956867.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 366
  • _20140317_084158.jpg
    _20140317_084158.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 399
  • _20140317_083739.jpg
    _20140317_083739.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 380

BACKBLAST72

Good morning fishtix,

The GA-1000 is an awesome piece to have; it does have a somewhat substancial presence on the wrist but its very comfortable to wear. I have the 2A version of it and I love it. Everytime I wear mine I recieve some very nice compliments on it.

I know how you feel about our site. The guys have Outstanding with me from the very begining. I welcome you to this thing of ours and enjoy your new G.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

saru7

90 bucks is a steal for that! id pay that without even thinking or even liking the watch that much! lol tho i must say, the more i see it the more i like it over the gwa1000, even with its sadface lol
congrats on the purchase, may it lead to an unhealthy all consuming obsession :cool-new: