Prw-6000

chrisek

Have you been wondering where the controversial Gulfmaster came from? Look no further.

huquha7y.jpg

Due for March release in Japan this is the 2nd v3 atomic triple sensor in the ProTrek line (1st was the PRW-3000 which debuted the v3 triple sensor for Casio). Carrying on the tradition set by the 3000 for being trim, this watch is surprisingly only 0.5mm taller than the 3000!

Why is that surprising? That will make it the slimmest 5 motor Casio watch (not counting Edifice or Oceanus because of this). Previously it was the GW-4000 Aviator (which also introduced the 5 motor for G-Shock and the chassis for Aviators which is still in use in the MTG -S1000, upcoming Gulfmaster, and GW-A1100). Almost 3 mm shorter in height than the GW-4000, this ProTrek should easily fit under cuffs.
Another interesting use for the 5 motor is that when using barometer or altimeter the watch will move the hands out of the way of the digital display! Not sure if this feature will make it to the Gulfmaster or not, but it should since they are related.
Still no news on the International release, we should hear of variations over the coming months. There should also be a non-atomic version coming, but still do not know if it will use a bulkier classic style ProTrek case like the PRG-270 or not.
When you see how slim these can be, it makes you appreciate how much more "structure" (alpha gel, etc) the G-Shocks incorporate.
While maybe not as tough as G-Shocks, ProTreks are still usually tougher than the arm they are attached to. :cool:

sent with aloha

chrisek

I understand both it is and some kind of light for the hands as well. To be verified of course.

sent with aloha

saru7

if the gulfmaster came from this, it mustve fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! :glee:

these i like very much, cant wait to see an angled side view to see the thickness (or lack of) theyre talking about

BACKBLAST72

Good morning guys,
All of the Protrek's and Pathfinder's which have a digital display have it back lit. The light is always bright enough to light up the entire display nicely.
zebuzuny.jpg

ugama6us.jpg

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

chrisek

Thanks for the pics backblast! For some reason I have great difficulty with backlight shots.

Particularly with ana-digi's Casio has a reputation of lighting the analog portion (poorly) only. I believe this is rectified on this 6000, though still unsure.

sent with aloha

chrisek

If you don't mind me being a bad influence, did you know there is a version with sapphire glass?

9u3a3eba.jpg

Due in the Japan Market in June.

And then there is the Black Titan version as well.

7eme9ybu.jpg

Due out in April in the Japan Market.

All we're waiting on at this point is the Manaslu version :D

Also, the "normal" version has carbon straps and Ion Plated steel case, so it isn't exactly low rent itself. Just letting you know you got options!

sent with aloha