New Mtg

Notfarout

Have you seen the new Mtg???

Mtg s1000bs there is only 500 being made!!

G-Shock-MT-G-S1000BS_zpsc1d5a11e.png

Hav you seen the 3rd generation Bluetooth model
Analogue n digital

G-Shock-Bluetooth-3rd-Gen-3_zps53d91ba3.jpg

G-Shock-Bluetooth-3rd-Gen-2_zps995ed5f0.jpg

it also comes in blue.

chrisek

Good scoop! Nice shots of the MTG.

The lower 2 are the new G - Mix model and was previewed at Baselworld.

a4yhypyj.jpg

I think it is set to hit in 4 colorways. What is your gut on this model?

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

You would think they would have made this platform with solar power recharging capabilities. Because if this if powered by a regular battery it won't be worth the money for this platform. The Bluetooth function would just minimize and kill the life of such battery. Sometimes I wonder what they think of when they still make battery powered watches. Solar power is the way to go.

chrisek

Normally, the non-solar version of a given watch has such a bigger battery that they have the same battery life.

Because Bluetooth is such a battery drain I am wondering if solar is a better match overall.

Also, AFAIK, the XL chassis (GA110, GD100, etc) has not had a solar model yet. There may be design limitations in place we don't know about preventing the feature (and helping to keep the price down).

sent with aloha

JTPhoto

From what I've read the solar power system is not capable of producing and maintaining the power level required to continually run these functions. A long life lithium or Alkaline battery is more capable of maintaining output. There was a write up in regards to the new GWP1000 with GPS capability about the limitations of Tough Solar.