Need an opinion (or beta users) for the startup i m working on

rusht6

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct section to post, but if not, please excuse me.

I am a watch enthusiast and based in US. As you probably know, as a Casio enthusiast, there are some watches that are only available in Japan and not elsewhere. Same like Swatch with their Swatch Sistem51.

I found that sometime when I want to buy this watch, I have to flock ebay and then have the item shipped to you. In USA, the customs are OK, but I guess it does not work elsewhere (i.e India) where customs are corrupted and packages are delayed.

So I am creating this startup to solve my problem. For example, if I want to buy something in Japan and have it shipped to where I am at (i.e Mexico or elsewhere), I would find a traveler who travel from Japan to Mexico, therefore he can buy the Casio or other items (electronics, etc) I want, carry it with him, and then meet me to deliver the watch. Of course, I would pay extra for his inconvenience, but I think the extra fee that I have to pay is worth the time that you otherwise have to wait for customs delay.

The way it works is that you can either post what you want to buy from where to where, or you can search the travelers listing. Then once you negotiate the fee, you can hire the traveler. You would then pay the fund to the site (so the site escrow your money. Therefore you are not handing the money to courier right away.) Once you meet the traveler and happy with the item, you confirm the delivery. After delivery is completed, then the site will release your full payment to the courier.

So everyone is happy, you get the item, the courier earns money.

I am curious to know about your opinion and if this model would help you in buying item you want overseas.

Thanks.

chrisek

Haven't heard of this before, but sounds convenient (speedy). Because this would be a service, I would suggest to post in the "For Sale" area.

One thing specifically the forum can not do is encourage people to dodge customs. In that regard I suggest you refrain from encouraging that angle vs exploiting how much faster it could be.

sent with aloha

rusht6

thank you, chrisek. Yes, it is convenient and speedy. What this service do is to connect travelers and buyers.

if anyone is interested to become a beta user, please post in this thread (or PM me is OK too). and once the site is ready, I will PM you the site name.

I do this because
1. Most startups would collect email addresses then later use these data for something else. While this data is important, but I prefer not to collect email addresses as to maintain your privacy.
2. naming the site may violate the forum policy of advertising. so I refrain on doing it and only contact members who are interested in becoming beta users. :)

Thanks.