What R U wearing 5/13/2014

vade_R

I found this on eBay, replaced the LCD, because the digits were all brown, new strap and painted the words yellow and green. It's a very rare DW-6695-Z, part of a whole alphabet of models called A/Z gangsters. The button is a little faded, used to be a brighter blue, I am really happy with the way it came out

Good day guys

1399992180_zps23c0e878.jpg

1399992175_zps4484ce5a.png

1399992407_zpscf62b2cc.jpg

race

Good eyes,Sir Tom!That's true!The 6695 from Will have the Red,Gold and Green and a "Z" for "Zion" hehehe!Good catch!

I listened my doctor and i'll not talkin' about the GWF-T1030E,better for my health :tongue-new: !!!

Back from work with my classic foxfire:

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

vade_R

I did not mean to do a Rastafarian color scheme, I was just tying to replicate the original colors of the watch....but since you guys brought it up, it does look really cool with the red, green and yellow.

It was very difficult to restore, I had to replace some E clips, which were a nightmare to remove and replace, and taking apart the module to place a new LCD was also crazy, I had to find the most tiny flat head screwdriver to remove microscopic screws, it was hard but the end result is really worth it

vade_R

Funny you should say that, when i was doing my research on this model, I came across a 50g's article sjors wrote about these G's, he only had two an "s" model that was all beat up and a "k" model, so if sjors doesn't have all the alphabet nobody does. I would love to find a "w" model for my name

Hard work and great restoration!Do you think Sjors or someone else have the whole alphabet collection???

chrisek

Wow Will! Very nice work! I am starting on this path and even got a watch recently for the purpose of. Kung ' s thread really inspired me and happy to see you are in it too!

Today was starting off with a special mudman. Ended up going home sick yesterday so I am considering today my Mudman Monday :eek:

8a6ehepe.jpg

And finishing up with a certain Pinninfarina.

utugenaq.jpg

sent with aloha