Watch r u wearing? Weds 28th May 2014

Sengyoku

Hey all fellow zoners, I've been so busy I didn't even have time to drop in for wruw's last couple of days but thought I'd kick us off today, hope all is well with everyone!

epygate6.jpg

Black ranger on today!

Sent from the 'droid.

BACKBLAST72

Well today I am wearing a new addition.
The GD-X6930E-9CR:
uploadfromtaptalk1401331327932.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401331350258.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401331370735.jpg

gezahy8e.jpg

u6ygytyq.jpg

a6ysu6e5.jpg

This is my first 30th anniversary G-Shock. I live the clarity and brightness of this awesome yellow color; in conjunction with the 6900 model makes for a very well balanced combination.

Chin awesome Rangeman brother I love the combination of colors on the display. Looks like a complete different watch vs. the original model of the GW-9400-1.

Will another awesome watch my friend. Enjoy wearing it and show it off for as long as you want man. All your work ROCKS....!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

chrisek

@chin: you just visit whenever you can, you are our resident world traveller ;). Love the Rangeman.

@Will: that is the best 2000 series Aviator I've seen. You got me thinking like always. Love it.

@Tom: Great King and Frogman!!! Fantastic duo.

@dakar: if you don't know, I love the GDX's. Pair that with tiger stripe camo and you have a winnah!

@race: Loving the square and the photo.

@backblast: what a great one to be your first 30th anniversary! Wear it in great health!

Hope you guys don't mind me posting my thoughts here. The intimate forum with great members makes it easy to share :D

For those that don't know. I really enjoy the Aviators in general. Today I put on the GW4000D.

udugy3a4.jpg

Which I haven't worn in a while. If you don't know, the 4000 is the one that introduced the chassis for all (to date) Aviators, Gulfmaster, and MTG-S1000's. This one is the one with the black metal bracelet and happens to be my avatar in another forum. It will soon be back to my only black metal bracelet as I hook another friend up with one of my current watches.

There are some pretty well known members of the G community who only own one or a couple of G's. One in particular for me is Piowa who will have a thunder dome showdown between his G's to see which he is keeping ;).

I try to apply that to aspects of my collection. "Will I ever wear this instead of" and this 4000 always ends up winning (so far) against other black bracelet G's in my collection. Just enjoy it, and realize it is yet another G I don't wear often enough.

For the evening I switched to camo.

u8a5y6ub.jpg

In general I prefer the negative displays. Once in a while I think the positive just comes out fantastic (take any in the Lightning Yellow wave as an example). This one does that for me. Happy to have it.

Two cents from Mr over worked :) hope everyone had a great day and is looking forward to another one tomorrow. :cool:

sent with aloha

vade_R

Chris love the 4000D, i have the orange and the green one, and i would never get rid of them. the camo is nice too, i only got the Mars one, because of the shocking red color!

and you have to tell me why your getting rid of the 1030?.... but are you keeping the silver one?

and thanks for a lll the comments on the gw2000, its not a common model like the 2500, but i finally found one, but i had to do a lot of work to get it to look nice

see you guys tommorow

chrisek

Thanks Will. While you know the 1030 has been (appropriately) getting a lot of love here and other forums I've always felt the silver was better looking. Personal opinion.

There was no denying the 30th is special so I had to try it. Then came Thunderdome. "When would I wear it instead of the silver?" The 4000 doesn't really overlap with the MTG which is why it is completely safe as well. That is all.

I still think the silver with red may be the best looking version yet (again, in my eyes) but the fact is that mine was a gift from my boss. Which endears it to me. And I really don't need two silver MTGs. ;)

sent with aloha