Gd-100-ms-3

PCTEK

I like the look of this watch and the olive drab green color. I have a couple of questions for you G-Shock experts..

1) What color are the digits when the back light is not in use?
2) Can the digits be easily read in sunlight? Or do you have to angle the watch to see the digits clearly?
3) This model has the red backlight. Are there other Olive Drab versions that have differnet back light color, keep the black background?
4) Are there watch bands in green camo such as my G9000-3? Or will my band from the G9000 fits this model?

Thanks for the info :)

macspite

In the absence of the experts I'll jump in and add my twopenn'orth.

From what I have seen (photos only) the digits are similar to those on my mudman: - but you have that model anyway.

I was wearing that yesterday and for me the digits are fine with the watch tilted in sunlight but not so easy in shade. Several times I resorted to using the backilight. Your mileage may vary.

Someone with the requisite knowledge may be able to tell us whether the watch can be converted for a NATO or similar strap in keeping with its military look. As regard the backlight colours - no idea.

Let's wait for the experts to come online :)

Edit: and only a couple of hours later in this week's WRUW thread this appeared:

View attachment 562

macspite

You will have to ask the guy that posted the picture, Kuma23. Go to the WRUW thread by clicking this link, click on the member's name at the top of their post and you will be able to send a private message.

Coach

Wearing one right now.
1) What color are the digits when the back light is not in use?
Sort of a rust color; similar to my G-9000.
2) Can the digits be easily read in sunlight? Or do you have to angle the watch to see the digits clearly?
I don't have any trouble in sunlight. Inside w/ fluorescent light is worse for me. It's not as bad as people sometimes say.
3) This model has the red backlight. Are there other Olive Drab versions that have differnet back light color, keep the black background?
I'm sure there are. I really like the red backlight, myself.
4) Are there watch bands in green camo such as my G9000-3? Or will my band from the G9000 fits this model?
The GD-100 has 16mm pins. You can put an aftermarket band on it.
http://www.sordusa.com/shop/product.php?productid=208&cat=0&page=1