Worth changing bezel?

doughead

My less than a month G sustained a scratch when I accidentally scraped it against a wall and is now left with a scruff mark after I used a soft eraser and damp cloth to try to rub it off. The scruff mark is only visible at an angle but seems to be not there when viewed strait-on (as seen in attached pics). The scruff mark appears as a lighter shade of black rather than white when viewed close up. I know I'm edging towards anal OCD but do you think it's worth a $34 replacement fee at Casio? I know it's 1/3 the price of the watch but I guess I'm just being anal. What do you guys think? Should I change or just live with it?

DSC_0839_zpsr6bc2ede.jpg

DSC_1175_zpsulbkhpns.jpg

DSC_1124_zpswrpfwsnk.jpg

mwscooters

If your going to order a bezel, order a band/bezel on ebay. J and J out of Hong Kong is where I get all of mine fast free shipping look them up on ebay. By changing the band and bezel it will feel like a new watch and you'll have your black set also. My 2 cents. Greg

doughead

Thanks guys. Viewed strait-on its not apparent (as in below pic). Changing the strap as well would definitely bring the cost up to more than 1/3 of the watch's cost :(

chrisek

No problem. I would check fromjapan.co.jp or rakuten and see if they have it for less. That should not be $34

doughead

I checked Rakuten but they don't seem to carry watch parts, just watches (and a very limited range at that). I googled "Casio watch parts" and was directed to Casio USA's support page for purchasing parts but was shown the below message. Think they just want consumers to get parts through their proper channels i.e. depending on your country of residence. May just live with it unless it starts peeling. But I'm quite curious as I've seen the bezel being replaced on Youtube videos and it seems like it can be done in a jiffy by anyone at home. The bezel seems to be a standard shaped shell with just different colors/markings for different models, and it certainly doesn't look that expensive lol!

Service Bulletin for Casio Watches:*

The spare parts including bezels and dials of some Casio watch models (click here for complete listing) will no longer be sold directly to our customers. If you have one of these models and it requires service, please contact Casio Support at 1-800-706-2534 Option #2 and we will provide you with a shipping label to ship your watch to Casio Factory Service Center to be repaired. Please note that repair of your products is subject to Casio's Limited Timepiece Warranty Policy.

*This information may be subject to change without prior notice.