G-shock birthday gift for my dad

Secretmapper

Hello guys!

I'm in college right now. Well you see my father gave me his G-shock watch before going to college. This was because I did not have a watch, and honestly it makes sense to have one in college.

His birthday is coming up so I wanted to give him a gift of a new g-shock watch. I've researched a bit and I think it's a GA110-1A watch. (http://www.gshock.com/watches/Classic/GA110-1B)

What watch do you guys think I should gift him? What watch is better/upgrades from GA110-1b?

I'm not sure about his preferences, but he the GA110-1b is stealth black, and I think he would prefer it that way (so no outlandish, super green kind of watch.) I don't know though, if it looks cool I think he'd also like it.

Oh, and with regards to budget, I have a pretty stretchable one. I'm probably looking at the 150-350$ range, but I can go up if it's worth it.

Ashyb

Hi there secretmapper, the GA 110 is a fine choice really, to be honest you cant really go wrong with G's in general as you may allready know, the GA 110 is quite a large watch so id think about that, your dad will remember when G-SHOCK'S first came out in 1983, so why not have a look at the GW-M5610 or one of the other squares like the DW-5600, it will no doubt take him back in time because this are based on the very first G-SHOCK'S made (DW5000) they are much improved obviously but still have that same classic look, plus you will pick them up for under 100 and the GW-M5610 is Tough Solar and Multiband 6, just a idea. Why not own a piece of history :)
[URL="http://www.gshock.com/toughness/history

But if you are set on GA 110 then its still another fine choice.

Secretmapper

Oh sorry if I wasn't clear, the GA110-1A is my dad's watch which he gave me, not what I'm thinking of getting for him!

I'd definitely look at the watch you mentioned :) However, it seems that it is a digital clock? I'm not sure since my dad's a bit of the old-fashioned analog type. However maybe it being based on the first watch will take him back :)

Ashyb

Ahh i see, well have a look around my friend theres plenty that are analogue, i do allways recommend tough solar and Multiband g shocks, never having to worry about setting right time or changing batteries and not much price difference i recomend you look at the AWG-M100 sounds perfect for what your looking for, hope this helps.