Anyone for Bluetooth

gshockpete

Interesting... sure the battery life wouldn't last that long though bluetooth is known to be power hungry..

rutteger

Administrator
According to the press release Casio rate it for 2 years on a standard CR2032, this is assuming 12 hours of connection a day. This does seem very good! Can only assume they didn't use solar due to space constraints.

Nice gimmick though. Wonder if it'll get a release outside Japan. Not much use unless something mainstream like Android or iPhone develops compatibility with it.

http://g-shock.jp/BLE/

macspite

I might be missing the point, my phone vibrates or makes a noise if I am getting a call or an SMS, time sync is easy enough manually with radio (even allowing for digital signal lag) or network rail time which is synced to Anthorn or automatically with a multiband G-Shock.

If it were a wristband communicator however I could be interested. There is a rather nice piece of kit for turning your iPod into a watch which has an interesting funding story, if my iPhone could be reduced in size and given the same treatment I would very happy to wear it - if the price were half sensible.

rutteger

Administrator
I might be missing the point, my phone vibrates or makes a noise if I am getting a call or an SMS, time sync is easy enough manually with radio (even allowing for digital signal lag) or network rail time which is synced to Anthorn or automatically with a multiband G-Shock.

If it were a wristband communicator however I could be interested. There is a rather nice piece of kit for turning your iPod into a watch which has an interesting funding story, if my iPhone could be reduced in size and given the same treatment I would very happy to wear it - if the price were half sensible.

I'm no apple fanboy but that is too cool for school :)

Looks like a lot has gone into the GB-6900 but I'm just not convinced it's useful enough, but what do I know?

gshockpete

Ditto, now if you could see who was calling you or at least read part of the SMS then it may have it's uses...

rutteger

Administrator
I guess call screening would indeed be a more useful function, i.e. reject a call at the push of a button. Maybe that'll come with time, wonder if you can update the watch firmware ;)