PDA

View Full Version : The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rutteger
2011-04-04, 21:54
If you want to make an introduction here is the place to do it :D

I'll start. Had my first Casio 25 years ago. First G-Shock 10 years ago (a G2500). Collection hovered around one for a few years until work took me to Japan and a trip round Akihabra. A second was purchased, I found a few G-Shock sites and the rest is history. Not really a big time collector but have a fair spread of stuff with a particular interest in some of the older models. All time fave is my classic DW-5200, currently mostly wearing a DW-9700NK Men in Nay and Khaki Gulfman.

Kiki
2011-04-12, 15:15
Hello from a newbie to the forum.

Been collecting G-Shocks for far too long :rolleyes:

Rediculous collection of Frogmen, but don't tend to add to them anymore.

Love 80s stuff, my all time favourite is the WW-5300. It's a bit of an oddball, just like myself ;)

So anything from the 80s, or any Limited pieces that are released, that's my thing :cool:

Glad to be here, hope to make some new friends.

rutteger
2011-04-12, 15:35
Hello from a newbie to the forum.

Been collecting G-Shocks for far too long :rolleyes:

Rediculous collection of Frogmen, but don't tend to add to them anymore.

Love 80s stuff, my all time favourite is the WW-5300. It's a bit of an oddball, just like myself ;)

So anything from the 80s, or any Limited pieces that are released, that's my thing :cool:

Glad to be here, hope to make some new friends.

Welcome :cool:

Good to see someone else has an interest in the older stuff. The WW-5300 is a rare old item, would love to see some pics.

Wazza
2011-04-12, 15:58
I have just come over from John's invitation on TZ-UK. Newbie to G-Shocks but I am sure that will change soon. Great to be a member here - site looks very professional!

pastrana72
2011-04-12, 18:26
Hello,

I have come over from TZ-UK too.

I have been I keen wearer of Casio watches and all things G-Shock for many years (since school in fact 25 + years ago).

In the last few years the Collection has grown due to my addiction growing to own the cool designs.

My wife and kids are owners of a growing collection of Baby-G's ( in fact it grew by one yesterday as my wife had a crystal clear Baby-G arrive).

I have a few vintage G-shocks and most recent and worn ones are the GXW-56 in Orange, MIMB Gulfman and a M5600BC. I prefer Negative display but also like regular one's.

I can see my collecting increasing as a result of looking at another G-Shock Forum.

I look forward to participating and reading in the future.

Cool site.

:D

rutteger
2011-04-12, 19:23
I have just come over from John's invitation on TZ-UK. Newbie to G-Shocks but I am sure that will change soon. Great to be a member here - site looks very professional!

Welcome :D Be warned, once you get one it's hard to stop!

rutteger
2011-04-12, 19:24
Hello,

I have come over from TZ-UK too.

I have been I keen wearer of Casio watches and all things G-Shock for many years (since school in fact 25 + years ago).

In the last few years the Collection has grown due to my addiction growing to own the cool designs.

My wife and kids are owners of a growing collection of Baby-G's ( in fact it grew by one yesterday as my wife had a crystal clear Baby-G arrive).

I have a few vintage G-shocks and most recent and worn ones are the GXW-56 in Orange, MIMB Gulfman and a M5600BC. I prefer Negative display but also like regular one's.

I can see my collecting increasing as a result of looking at another G-Shock Forum.

I look forward to participating and reading in the future.

Cool site.

:D

Welcome, look forward to seeing the collection. Glad it isn't just me who buys Baby-Gs for their other half ;)

gshockpete
2011-04-13, 13:19
Saw the post on TZ-UK. Only have one G at the moment (DW5600) but I'm sure that will change very soon....

Nice site ;-)

dejjl
2011-04-13, 17:00
Another TZ recruit. Haven't owned a G-Shock for some time now but bought a GW 2500B yesterday. Very impressed with the atomic function.

Backward point
2011-04-13, 20:12
Another TZ refugee. I currently own a solar atomic 6900 and a full analogue G-1000. Oh, and a DW-003 which was sent to me from my good friend and fellow TZer Dave (above!) and which I've resurrected as it was suffering from terminal bezel rot. For non-TZ members I'll post a thread on it in the next few days.

Congratulations on a great looking site.

Regards

Ian

rutteger
2011-04-13, 21:54
Welcome dejjl, Backward Point & gshockpete

Saw the post on TZ-UK. Only have one G at the moment (DW5600) but I'm sure that will change very soon....

Nice site ;-)

I'm sure we can help with that :-D

justsellbrgs
2011-04-26, 19:43
Hi...I'm John... I stop into most forums, good to see some familiar faces and love for G-Shocks...:D

I have onwed many over the years and I think I have settled? on 12-14 right now. A mixture of many models, which I will post a pic of soon. MTG, Giez, 6900, 5600, Muddie, Gulfman, etc.

Over the years I have found the Frogs too big and don't wear much. Some colors also don;t get much wear. On the positive I like Atomic Solar. A recent arrival of a GW2310 was quite surprising and well worth the money spent.

Thanks to our site host :cool:..... here's one to get the blood pumping... The wear and tear is legit and the bezel is indeed glued together --- holding hope to someday find a replacement, as are many others.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/jgbuckeye31/GSHOCK/PA165066.jpg

rutteger
2011-04-26, 20:20
Welcome justsellbrgs :cool:

Sounds a fine collection. Love the DW-5300-1AV. Good luck finding a new bezel though. Have two myself, ended up with a bag of spare DW-5300 bits and pieces before I managed to snag two with good bezels. Also a little sad to not this isn't the Mission Impossible watch ;).

Gshockmike
2011-04-27, 03:19
Glad to be here guys, My name is Mike, I am from sunny Miami, FL , Drinks on me, Cheers!

Bubbly Tubs
2011-04-27, 16:09
Hi I'm James, I have only really got into these in the last couple of years, and I already have ten. I do find it hard to find the interesting ones here in the UK, but hopefully reading through the forum will help with that.
Just today I went out to get some motorbike parts, and found a G-7710KRT-3ER, which is a bright green Kawasaki edition g shock that I've been looking for for a while, and I found it by pure chance, not a bad price either.

rutteger
2011-04-27, 20:14
Hi I'm James, I have only really got into these in the last couple of years, and I already have ten. I do find it hard to find the interesting ones here in the UK, but hopefully reading through the forum will help with that.
Just today I went out to get some motorbike parts, and found a G-7710KRT-3ER, which is a bright green Kawasaki edition g shock that I've been looking for for a while, and I found it by pure chance, not a bad price either.

Welcome to the site mike & bubbly tubs. Let's see some pics :cool:

Boomslice
2011-05-07, 07:56
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, hoping to make some contributions. Just started collecting at the beginning of the year, and the G-bug hit me hard!
Great site, and thanks,

boomslice

rutteger
2011-05-07, 08:31
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, hoping to make some contributions. Just started collecting at the beginning of the year, and the G-bug hit me hard!
Great site, and thanks,

boomslice

Welcome boomslice :D

Now the bug has hit be prepared for a few more G-Shocks....

Spencer Lee
2011-05-20, 08:20
Hi peeps,

just thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself, I'm Spencer and i'm relatively new to G-Shocks. I've always been an 'automatic' watch man not really paying much attention to digitals. I bought 2 G-Shocks from e-Bay in 2003; one a Frogman, the other i can't remember but both were fake which i did'nt realise until i got them. The seller disappeared and the fakes were binned but, with the amount of fakes on e-bay at the time, i just steered clear until i took one in trade the other week.

I'm not a rich man and and found the buying and selling of automatic atches wearing on my finances. probably because of this, i always try to choose the 'safe' option when buying; black or dark faced divers, you know the score.

I've now realised that, as well as being accomplished machines and great value, the G-Shock is VERY addictive! The thing is, if you are a casual collector, you don't have lots of cash tyed up in watches. Yes, loads of Vintage and LE's cost a bit but it's not like collecting Rolex's but every bit as rewarding. So, just over a week ago, i got my first 'G'; the modded 004 in another thread. A week down the line, i have two more and two on the way! I even find myself creating a wish list and formulating a 'purchasing structure' for when i'm a little more flush. The theme of the collection is this, If i like it and i can afford it, i'll buy it! Not just LE's or 5600's, just whatever i like.

Note to Self: Do not buy any more Black 'G' shocks. I need to get more colour in my life!

rutteger
2011-05-20, 09:22
All sounds very familiar. Enjoy collecting the g-shocks also because as well as being great value they are also serious pieces of kit. Always browsing ebay and forums for bargains, plenty to be had for the astute collector.

Anyhow now you've started it'll be hard to stop.

JulietB
2011-06-06, 14:32
Hello.

Found this forum through the GshockZone posting on Facebook. I usually hang out the Watchuseek forum. an't wait to check this place out some more.

rutteger
2011-06-06, 14:59
Hello.

Found this forum through the GshockZone posting on Facebook. I usually hang out the Watchuseek forum. an't wait to check this place out some more.

Welcome, look forward to seeing your collection :D

Glad you found us via our facebook page.

GTR83
2011-06-07, 14:56
Hello all, like JulietB up top, I also used to hang out at WUS and SCWF from time to time. There sure are some familiar names over here. ;)

rutteger
2011-06-07, 15:42
Hello all, like JulietB up top, I also used to hang out at WUS and SCWF from time to time. There sure are some familiar names over here. ;)

Welcome to the site :D

mitsudriver
2011-06-11, 19:47
New to the forum but a long time WIS. Recently decided to get back into collection G-Shocks and have just this one

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/automatik_01/20110608130354.jpg

Below is the one G-Shock I still regret selling :(

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/automatik_01/DW-8250Y-9T-watches-1240672522.jpg

rutteger
2011-06-12, 06:51
welcome mitsudriver. Nice dw5600 :D Can see why you'd regret selling the frog...

Hippo
2011-06-30, 15:58
Hi everyone, I'm Simon, another TZer! I've always been into watches, my collection, like many people's I'm sure, has changed direction a bit over the years - I got into G-Shocks over the last year or so and amassed quite a collection, certainly more than I could wear!!! Of late I've started to let some go to fund other purchases, as the collection swings back again to autos! I'm left with a nice crop of vintage Gs and am not quite sure what to do with them??!! I've currently got them for sale on various forums/fora (not sure which is correct!) and I think I should withdraw them and just save them for the next change of direction!!!

Guess I should share some pics!

Firstly is my still in box unworn DW-5300

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/simonhippo/YY1Y3510.jpg

My DW-5900

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/simonhippo/CasioDW-5900_0001.jpg

Original DW-9100

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/simonhippo/CasioDW-9100_0001.jpg

Hippo
2011-06-30, 16:00
And also a couple of DW-5600Cs, well no Casio collection is complete with out one!!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/simonhippo/YY1Y3476.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/simonhippo/YY1Y3472.jpg

Well that's me :)

rutteger
2011-06-30, 21:29
Welcome Hippo :D Some really clean looking models there, especially the NOS DW-5300 and gold DW-5600C. What to do with them? Whatever you decide it'll be tough to replace some of those...

Coach
2011-07-14, 06:03
I'm new here. Found the site through Google search.

I currently have only one G-Shock (G-9000MS-1), but I've got my eyes on a few more.

I'm in Texas.

rutteger
2011-07-14, 12:01
I'm new here. Found the site through Google search.

I currently have only one G-Shock (G-9000MS-1), but I've got my eyes on a few more.

I'm in Texas.

Welcome. Sounds like a good start to your G-Shock collection :cool:

Marlinaholic
2011-07-27, 10:20
Hi all, found this forum through a YouTube video on the GD-100-MS done by Mike835 (just got a GD-100 and love it, good review Mike.). I am over at WUS too, but anymore I mostly buy only G's. Never even wore a watch until about 3 years ago, then bought my first G almost by accident and have been addicted since. Congrats on a great looking website, glad I found it.

rutteger
2011-07-27, 11:30
Hi all, found this forum through a YouTube video on the GD-100-MS done by Mike835 (just got a GD-100 and love it, good review Mike.). I am over at WUS too, but anymore I mostly buy only G's. Never even wore a watch until about 3 years ago, then bought my first G almost by accident and have been addicted since. Congrats on a great looking website, glad I found it.

Welcome, look forward to seeing the collection :D

Kuma23
2011-07-28, 13:59
New G-Shock fan on the forum.....
I just purchased a GA100-1A4 and I love it. I am waiting on a new G Shock GW3500B-1A that should be here today or tomorrow. I haven't worn Casio watches since I was a kid, but I plan to start a collection now. My current watches are:
Tag Heuer Formula 1
Tag Heuer Formual 1 Chronogragh
Fossil - 3 models

I look forward educating myself on this forum.

Kuma

bobbyg81
2011-07-28, 19:56
Hi folks.

Another newbie joining the forum. Ive just made the decision that im going to start a gshock collection.

Ive been collecting watches for years. Usually Seikos, Tags and Omegas but I decided I wanted a digital watch.

I ended up with the G-100-2BVMUR. I wear it constantly and thought Id get myself something different, so I went for the DW6900 NB-7. It is stunning in the flesh. This has given me the bug and Im now after an all black DW6900 and the King of Shocks GX-56-1AER in black/red.

I wish Id discovered g shocks sooner!

Ill post a couple of pics of my soon to be expanded on duo!

Cheers!

rutteger
2011-07-28, 20:30
Welcome kuma23 and bobbyg81 :D

fotomik
2011-08-12, 15:49
Hi everyone.

I'm Mikko from Finland, finally registered to just ask a couple of questions. Longtime reader though, both here and on WUS.

My life with Casio began waaaaay back when I was a kid with some model similar to the F-91W, which I finally bought again a few years ago. Wore that until the strap broke, started wondering about "those funny G-Shock-things". Fell in love with them all, got my DW-5600E, because it was closest to my trusty F-91W... :D
And that was it then, no way to turn back. Fortunately the Lords of Money aren't the best of my friends, so I don't have to buy very many watches...

Now going to break though, and need all of your wisdom to help me decide what to buy. More on that in a new thread though.

macspite
2011-08-12, 18:26
I suppose I had better introduce myself seeing as how I have been stomping through the forums in my dirty old size nines.

When I started diving I found out about dive watches and the best value for money seemed to be the DW-6600. That was many years ago, possibly when the watch had just hit the market, seem to remember it cost around 35 quid.

I have had a few watches since then, a Sekonda military style cheapy (just resurrected after a few years with a new battery) a Seiko dive chrono on a khaki webbing strap (did I mention my interest in military vehicles) and a black screwback six quid market bargain dive style watch "Ascot" that I opened up last night to change batteries.

A few weeks ago my local freesheet showed a jewellers advert for Casio Edifice. That got me looking, ordered a GW-3000B 1AER from TikTox, started reading about G-Shocks on the web, registered on WUS but then found this site. And here I am :cool:

In the last few weeks I have augmented my collection with the abandon of a sailor spending money on shore leave:

GW-3000B new
DW-6600 well used, about to receive new battery and bezel
G-9000 3VER - new, from Hong Kong - khaki (did I mention my interest in military vehicles ;) )
G-1800D. stainless, eBay purchase for a daily driver
GW-500U bought new off eBay as a cheap solar/atomic, alternative daily driver
GW-810BD bought off some charlatan on this very forum :p

and a couple currently in the post ...

rutteger
2011-08-12, 19:05
Welcome fotomik and macspite :cool:

GW-810BD bought off some charlatan on this very forum :p

:p

Cmoneymontana
2011-08-28, 20:44
I am new here. I found a link to this forum on the Facebook fan page.

I have been collecting G-shocks for about 10 years or so. I got rid of a majority of my old watches,
to make room for the new ones.

I just recently got the Nigel Sylvester collab and the Alife collab as well.

I posted a few pics of some the watches I recently picked up in my album.

rutteger
2011-08-29, 20:02
I am new here. I found a link to this forum on the Facebook fan page.

I have been collecting G-shocks for about 10 years or so. I got rid of a majority of my old watches,
to make room for the new ones.

I just recently got the Nigel Sylvester collab and the Alife collab as well.

I posted a few pics of some the watches I recently picked up in my album.

Welcome :D

Looks like a strong collection, the In4Mation collab pictured here

http://www.g-shockzone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=529&d=1314564903

is pretty striking, which model is it?

Cmoneymontana
2011-08-29, 23:29
It is the GLX-6900X-2JR.

I have my eye on the Dolphin and Whale GW-6900K-7JR, but I can not bring myself to pay $300 plus for it.
At least not yet.

My girlfriend has a nice collection herself (In4mation, Married to the Mob, and Dolphin and Whale from 2008).

I will take some pics of those, along with some other watches I have as well, when I get a chance.

seanobsdot
2011-11-21, 19:13
im sean from new york been into g shocks for about 7 years i wish i had collections like some of you guys do but im addicted ive owned many diffenrent watches casio,timex,victorinox,movado and g shocks but..... never started collecting them until recently i guess when i was 19 i didnt really respect the watches but anyway this site is great and very informative pics of my g's shoud be up soon funny i even got my mom wearing g shocks haha

rutteger
2011-11-22, 08:56
im sean from new york been into g shocks for about 7 years i wish i had collections like some of you guys do but im addicted ive owned many diffenrent watches casio,timex,victorinox,movado and g shocks but..... never started collecting them until recently i guess when i was 19 i didnt really respect the watches but anyway this site is great and very informative pics of my g's shoud be up soon funny i even got my mom wearing g shocks haha

Sean, thanks for the intro. Look forward to seeing the collection :D

phils
2011-11-28, 04:35
Hi all. I very recently bought my first GShock - a MTG900. I am very impressed with what it does. Love the solar and atomic timekeeping.
Thanks.

Bubbly Tubs
2011-11-28, 18:52
Don't be shy phils get some pics up :-)

rutteger
2011-11-28, 19:20

Indeed, get some pics up :D

phils
2011-11-28, 20:25

Sorry, I can't post pics.

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-17, 11:37
Hi strongblackcoffee I really like the new Muddie, being able to display two time zones is a handy feature, and I particularly like the scrolling display.
Sounds like your coming down with GCD like OCD according to the Mrs, but with a complete addiction to G shocks ha ha.
Any idea which Froggie you fancy?

rutteger
2011-12-17, 13:42
Hi,

I just registered and can be found at WUS with the same user name.

I am developing a real obsession with Gs. I currently have 2: my old G I received as a gift for military servce from my parents about 15 years ago and my new Muddy:
I love this baby!

I am now thinking about a froggie...

Cheers

Mike

Welcome to the site :D Out of interest how did you find us?

The GW-9300 Muddie looks really good, nice choice. What is your other G?

Not sure if the Frogs have sapphire, think not from memory. Only one or two of the really top end Gs (MR-G) have sapphire, have read this is because the mineral glass is more shock resistant than sapphire but have no idea as to the veracity of this. Would imagine it's more to do with cost!

macspite
2011-12-17, 17:34
Great sunrise shot! (If someone is reading this and doesn't understand what I am on about check Mike's blog for 29/10/11) Has that been processed as HDR or are the colours really that vibrant in your neck of the woods (sorry!) ?

Like the beard sequence, shot for Movember? I may have to do something similar with my wrist and my G-Shock collection.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

disavowed
2012-01-02, 03:06
Hello and Happy New Year...

I'm a G-Shock Fan of course... have previously owned all of the M:I versions (DW-5300, 6900, MTG-910DJ-2JF, and commemorative M:I:iii MTG versions) in the past - and hence the username.

Googled and found your forum - I like the size.

Have collected a few Swiss brands - but at the end of the day there's something about wearing a watch that is technologically advanced and doesn't need to be babied. I have a Gravity Defier on the way that should be delivered Tuesday - will post pics when I get it.

Thanks.

macspite
2012-01-02, 09:01
Welcome!

Look forward to the pics. G-Shocks are insiduous - I agonised over buying a gravity defier as a decent watch, then realised I needed a daily beater as well, then discovered the cheapness of some G-Shocks on eBay.

Now I have over 50.

So no doubt we will be seeing pictures of several varieties of Shock from you in the next few weeks :cool:

rutteger
2012-01-02, 12:44

I'm a G-Shock Fan of course... have previously owned all of the M:I versions (DW-5300, 6900, MTG-910DJ-2JF, and commemorative M:I:iii MTG versions) in the past - and hence the username.

Have collected a few Swiss brands - but at the end of the day there's something about wearing a watch that is technologically advanced and doesn't need to be babied. I have a Gravity Defier on the way that should be delivered Tuesday - will post pics when I get it.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site :D Know what you mean about wearing a G without having to worry. Do you still have the Mission Impossible set? Either way look forward to pics of the incoming Gravity Defier and others which I'm sure will follow ;)

rutteger
2012-01-02, 12:44

Thanks.

Welcome to the site :D Know what you mean about wearing a G without having to worry. Do you still have the Mission Impossible set? Either way look forward to pics of the incoming Gravity Defier and others which I'm sure will follow ;)

disavowed
2012-01-02, 13:32
Thanks to you both for the welcomes!

No, I no longer have the M:I set... I was contacted by an M:I freak 2 years ago and was literally made an offer that I would have been a fool to refuse. Plus those watches are still out there...

I've actually owned multiples of the DW-5300 (with both white and red dial outlines) and the MTG's - but I am a notorious trader - not to mention have given a few to my son over the years.

But I will pursue a very-clean 5300, and may grab the bluetooth 6900 in March. The MTG's are just too small for me to wear anymore (diameter wise).

Right now I am in love with that silver/grey Ana-digi Gravity Defier that will deliver tomorrow - as I've never owned a non-black G-Shock, and it provides everything I could possibly need in 1 watch - larger size, S/S bracelet, analog and digi functions/readout, the centrifugal-force bragging rights, Solar, Atomic, and the fact it dresses up and down.

Thanks again - looking 4ward to hanging with y'all.

rutteger
2012-01-03, 08:35
Good stuff and good luck tracking down a mint DW-5300, sadly resin rot seems to claim many a bezel.

Luis
2012-01-10, 01:12
Hello everyone, my name is Luis. I'm 25 and live in Los Angeles CA, USA. I just got my first gshock this past christmas 2011. My girlfriend gifted me a black 6900. And for new years I bought a gshock G-Lide in all red. I currenty have my eyes set on a older Mudman, the 9000-8 in tan color. Although I also like the army green mudman as well..

I'm hoping to expand my small collection this yea. I will come back to this post and edit it with pics of what I have now.

Looking forward to learning more about these beautiful watches

rutteger
2012-01-10, 09:09
Welcome to the site Luis, look forward to seeing the collection. Be warned though, 2 will turn into 3 will turn into many more ;)

Luis
2012-01-10, 09:35
Hahah! I know it will.. I'm looking to score some good deals on ebay. I see a lot of good deals locally as well. Not on rare gshocks but gshocks non the less.. I bought that G-lide for $50USD. Sounded like a good deal to me so I snatched it right up.. Well.. off to bed I go its 2:35am here and I'm beat! Later

rutteger
2012-01-10, 10:33
Hahah! I know it will.. I'm looking to score some good deals on ebay. I see a lot of good deals locally as well. Not on rare gshocks but gshocks non the less.. I bought that G-lide for $50USD. Sounded like a good deal to me so I snatched it right up.. Well.. off to bed I go its 2:35am here and I'm beat! Later

Plenty of bargain and deals out there on G-Shocks, happy hunting. $50 is a great price on a G-Lide to start :cool:

Bubbly Tubs
2012-01-10, 11:58
Welcome Luis,
I'd like to take this opourtunity to warn you and tell you to run whilst you can coz once you get the G bug your in for hours and hours of looking at watch sites, be it forums or shops. But hey the fun is in the hunt.
On the plus side you get to Interact with a great bunch of people on forums, especially this one, and hey there is worse things to be spending your time and money on.

Happy G hunting Tubs

Luis
2012-01-10, 19:01
thanks for the warning :thumbsup:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/loup05/IMG_20120110_115037.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/loup05/IMG_20120110_115119.jpg

macspite
2012-01-10, 19:21
Belated "Hi!" Luis - and a happy new year!

Nice G-Lide, I have similar but transparent purple. Seems like the dollar/GBP divide is still there - when I was involved with cameras it was a rule that a $100 piece of kit Stateside was £100 (plus VAT) in the UK. Same with G-Shocks :(

Have you been down to the ocean yet just to check that the tide is behaving as the watch says it should? Easy for me, I live on a small island with a bridge to the mainland so see the sea each day. Word of warning - I started with one expensive (to me) G-Shock,bought another as a daily driver and 53 watches later ...

Philosophy for some of us seems to be "always have at least one watch in the post", the only way to cut down is to buy things from a long distance so the post takes longer to reach us. Good luck with your hunting, if you need any advice start a thread in here or PM one of us - if you ask three people you will probably get at least three opinions. :cool:

Luis
2012-01-10, 19:27
Belated "Hi!" Luis - and a happy new year!

Nice G-Lide, I have similar but transparent purple. Seems like the dollar/GBP divide is still there - when I was involved with cameras it was a rule that a $100 piece of kit Stateside was £100 (plus VAT) in the UK. Same with G-Shocks :(

Have you been down to the ocean yet just to check that the tide is behaving as the watch says it should? Easy for me, I live on a small island with a bridge to the mainland so see the sea each day. Word of warning - I started with one expensive (to me) G-Shock,bought another as a daily driver and 53 watches later ...

Philosophy for some of us seems to be "always have at least one watch in the post", the only way to cut down is to buy things from a long distance so the post takes longer to reach us. Good luck with your hunting, if you need any advice start a thread in here or PM one of us - if you ask three people you will probably get at least three opinions. :cool:

Thanks! Happy new your to you as well.. I haven't used any of the features on the watches so I'm not sure how to use them lol.. I will youtube the G-lide and see how to check the tide. Thanks =D

rutteger
2012-01-10, 20:37
Great start to the collection Luis. What next though ;)

Luis
2012-01-10, 21:08
well im not sure.. i have a couple of options.. i can either buy one of the two new watches that will be released in the next couple of months or i can get a mudman.. I really like this one

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/loup05/CasioG-ShockMudmanMenWatchGreen-G-9000-3VER.jpg

its either this color or the tan one which is the one that i fell in love with since i layed eyes on it =D

Olivier
2012-01-14, 11:51
Hello guys,
New among your G-shock team, I'm also a fan beginner (better late than never).
I would like to introduce my first model bought on summer 2010.
Sure everybody has already known this one.

Bubbly Tubs
2012-01-14, 11:57
Hi Olivier, that is a nice looking G. Think I can see some carbon in that strap?

Welcome to the zone and happy G hunting for the future.

Olivier
2012-01-14, 12:05
You're right, there is carbon fibre insert in the middle of the strap.

macspite
2012-01-14, 12:20
Salut Olivier, bienvenue à G-Shockzone. Je suis désolé que je ne parle pas français mais votre anglais est parfaitement adéquate pour nous de comprendre. Vous pouvez toujours écrire en français et ensuite nous pourrions utiliser Google translate (comme je l'ai fait), mais qui serait probablement causer plus de confusion que de compréhension.

Quels sont vos projets pour votre G-Shock prochaine? :D

( Hi Olivier, welcome to G-Shockzone. I am sorry that I don't speak French but your English is perfectly adequate for us to understand. You could always write in French and then we could use Google translate (as I have done) but that would probably cause more confusion than comprehension.

What are your plans for your next G-Shock? )

Olivier
2012-01-14, 12:39
Whooaaa.. nice to read a French answer on the G-shock forum. Thank you.
But I think French members here shouldn't be so numerous and this forum has been built, developed and used by English speakers. So it's to me to make an effort using your language. Then it shouldn't be very comfortable for you to translate each answer (but I have to assume mistakes...).

Eighteen months after my first G-shock watch, I've just ordered a new one from Japan.
I received the payment confirmation on last Wednesday.
It's a GW-9300GY-1JF, the grey one. But I don't know yet how many time I have to wait for...

macspite
2012-01-14, 13:09
Very nice watch! I have bought watches from Japan and they have arrived within two weeks. But it seems like months when you are waiting for something to arrive :)

When you get the watch it is the unbreakable rule of the forum that you must photograph it on your wrist and post it in that week's "WRUW" (What aRe yoU Wearing) thread.

The penalty for not posting photographs is that no-one will comment on your new , expensive and very lovely watch!

rutteger
2012-01-14, 13:33
well im not sure.. i have a couple of options.. i can either buy one of the two new watches that will be released in the next couple of months or i can get a mudman.. I really like this one

its either this color or the tan one which is the one that i fell in love with since i layed eyes on it =D

Two top choices, let us know which you go with ;)

rutteger
2012-01-14, 13:37
Hello guys,
New among your G-shock team, I'm also a fan beginner (better late than never).
I would like to introduce my first model bought on summer 2010.

Sure everybody has already known this one.

Welcome to the site Olivier :) Out of interest how did you find us ?

Eighteen months after my first G-shock watch, I've just ordered a new one from Japan.
I received the payment confirmation on last Wednesday.
It's a GW-9300GY-1JF, the grey one. But I don't know yet how many time I have to wait for...

Good first choice and great second choice. The new Mumdan RULES and the Men In smoky Gray colour scheme is also very cool. Hope it arrives soon, look forward to seeing the pictures :encouragement:

Also your English is great, don't worry. Many English speakers I know are unable to write in their own language as well as you can ;)

Olivier
2012-01-14, 14:08
Hi Rutteger,
I found your forum many days ago because I was looking for information about new G-shock watches.
Official pictures are always excellent but sometimes it may be better to find more from "normal" people with their own photos and comments.
After reading then comparing a lot of technical parts, I decided to choose a new Mudman.:)
In fact, the GWX-56 seems very nice to my eyes, but unfortunately a little bit too big... :(

Olivier
2012-01-14, 17:07
I've just got an email including confirmation, my GW-9300GY has been shipped today from Tokyo :encouragement:
Wait and see....

TomBoyNI
2012-01-14, 20:12
Hello there, Tommy, from Northern Ireland, not really a Collector as such of G-Shocks but fell in love with them about 15 years ago, I currently have 8, with 2 missing somewhere. Really old ones too, one yellow one with a velcro strap and one Carl Cox Limited Edition in blue, with a BPM counter, and I have been looking for them for ages so if you find them, let me know :)

macspite
2012-01-14, 22:23
Hi Tommy,

Photos of the ones that haven't strayed would be nice!

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland? It's a place I know slightly from various trips over as a computer engineer for Legal and General and for IBM fond memories of a nice country and great people. :cool:

And a wee Ulster fry for a light breakfast!

TomBoyNI
2012-01-14, 22:54
Hi Tommy,

Photos of the ones that haven't strayed would be nice!

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland? It's a place I know slightly from various trips over as a computer engineer for Legal and General and for IBM fond memories of a nice country and great people. :cool:

And a wee Ulster fry for a light breakfast!

Ha you know. The breakfast the rest of the world try to emulate. And yep I'll get some photos sorted soon :)

rutteger
2012-01-15, 08:04
I've just got an email including confirmation, my GW-9300GY has been shipped today from Tokyo :encouragement:
Wait and see....

Good news, hopefully it'll arrive soon :D

Out of interest why the :mad: by the gw-2000b?

rutteger
2012-01-15, 08:05
Hello there, Tommy, from Northern Ireland, not really a Collector as such of G-Shocks but fell in love with them about 15 years ago, I currently have 8, with 2 missing somewhere. Really old ones too, one yellow one with a velcro strap and one Carl Cox Limited Edition in blue, with a BPM counter, and I have been looking for them for ages so if you find them, let me know :)

Welcome Tommy :D Will keep an eye out for those missing Gs of yours, in the meantime look forward to seeing the rest of the collection. The Carl Cox was quite a rare item from memory.

Olivier
2012-01-15, 15:52
Don't worry about my bad experience regarding a GW-2000b. Three years ago I bought one but it this watch only worked one week, no more. My seller was unable to understand and repair it and unfortunately it was the last one in stock. Of course, have been refunded but since this "bad" experience, I've decided to get G-shock watches with numerical display only.
I'm going to remove this reference.

rutteger
2012-01-15, 19:03
Don't worry about my bad experience regarding a GW-2000b. Three years ago I bought one but it this watch only worked one week, no more. My seller was unable to understand and repair it and unfortunately it was the last one in stock. Of course, have been refunded but since this "bad" experience, I've decided to get G-shock watches with numerical display only.
I'm going to remove this reference.

Oh dear, that is a bad experience. Glad you got your money back though. The GW-2000B looks a solid model too, must be bad luck.

iidatdudeii
2012-01-18, 13:01
just want to introduce .. been into G-shocks for 2 months now and im addicted!! More into collecting ..

interested in collaboration G-shocks, more so 6900's .. heres my collection so far

rutteger
2012-01-18, 13:16
Welcome to the site :D

2 months! Great collection already - Krink, Dee & ricky, Sylvester, In4mation and Illest. what's the one front middle ?

iidatdudeii
2012-01-18, 13:24
that was my latest pickup .. the yugi nakazawa .. mike835 has a video on youtube if you want to check it out

only 2006 made and there numbered on the back, i have 179/2006 .. heres more of a close up

timezone6711
2012-01-18, 14:22
Hi there, I'm new here. pleased to join this wonderful site, which can share the common interests in G-Shock. I have some of my G-Shock collection would like to share with all members here that I have just post, there's still a lot of things for me to learn since I'm new to here.
Thanks for viewing my post, cheers.

rutteger
2012-01-18, 16:19
that was my latest pickup .. the yugi nakazawa .. mike835 has a video on youtube if you want to check it out

only 2006 made and there numbered on the back, i have 179/2006 .. heres more of a close up

Nice close up of a great collab. Mike835 is a member here, registered as gshockmike, sadly not been on for a while.

Here's the vid for those interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqrj3zsJg0

rutteger
2012-01-18, 16:19
Hi there, I'm new here. pleased to join this wonderful site, which can share the common interests in G-Shock. I have some of my G-Shock collection would like to share with all members here that I have just post, there's still a lot of things for me to learn since I'm new to here.
Thanks for viewing my post, cheers.

Welcome to the site :D Look forward to seeing your collection, did I read elsewhere you have the DQM collab, if so, very nice :cool:

iidatdudeii
2012-01-18, 17:03
no .. i wish .. thats a nice collab. but its to expensive for my blood right now .. added this one to my collection:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270893208471?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1192

and hoping to get aqua teen hunger force next month .. funds are low right now!! lol

rutteger
2012-01-19, 17:46
Good work picking up the GD-100PS, cool item esp. with the G-Shock man. Hope you can pick up the Aqua Teen Hunger Force too, nice collab.

iidatdudeii
2012-01-19, 17:57
Had to pass up the Aqua teen hunger force for the Turbokolor that a member was selling .. but lookin for that watch since i started collecting .. only 200 made .. ill put pics of both when they come in

rutteger
2012-01-19, 19:11
Had to pass up the Aqua teen hunger force for the Turbokolor that a member was selling .. but lookin for that watch since i started collecting .. only 200 made .. ill put pics of both when they come in

Good work picking up the turbokolor, look forward to the pics :D

RStotty
2012-01-20, 11:05
1563 Bought my first G-Shock about 18 months ago and have been gradually accumulating a few. Hoping to add a Blue Riseman shortly.

rutteger
2012-01-20, 12:40
Welcome to the site RStotty :encouragement:

Good luck with picking up a Blue Riseman, which model are you after?

Is that a Nigel Sylvester bottom left?

RStotty
2012-01-20, 13:33
Welcome to the site RStotty :encouragement:

Good luck with picking up a Blue Riseman, which model are you after?

Is that a Nigel Sylvester bottom left?

Looks like I've managed to find a G-9200BL-2 - costing a bit but looks worth it.
Yeh it's a Nigel Sylvester - Christmas present from the wife - a very cool watch.

rutteger
2012-01-20, 14:45
The G-9200BL-2 is a fine choice, interested to get a report as to how readable the blue display is.

Sylvester is a great Christmas present. All I got was socks ;)

RStotty
2012-01-20, 14:59
Once I've got it I'll report on it

RStotty
2012-01-20, 15:00
I sent the missus a link to the site where she could buy the Sylvester for me with a note saying 'just in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas!'

rutteger
2012-01-20, 15:27
I sent the missus a link to the site where she could buy the Sylvester for me with a note saying 'just in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas!'

That is top work :cool:

leif
2012-01-24, 12:07
been collecting gshocks since my elementary days. unfortunately i'v lost some of them. i''m looking for bracelet for g cool gshock (gt-000) color blue. currently i'm using gx 56.

sarahprince
2012-01-24, 16:13
Hi, I am new to this forum, I have never owned a g shock but I want one, have for years, hope to buy one soon, great for surfing :)

Sarah

m4a1_90
2012-01-24, 17:58
Hello,
m4a1_90 here.
I am from Malaysia.
hope can share stories and make friends here.
:)

kabuba
2012-01-24, 21:09
se que este foro es en ingles, pero soy fanatico de casi gshock de toda la vida. son los mejores del mundo.

soy de venezuela. saludos.:encouragement:

hello good afternoon I'm from Venezuela. from here on this web gshock by chance, did not think it existed but guaoooo excellent. I got watching the presentation of the new smathphone that was presented in Las Vegas, this phone certainly comes true and rest assured that I will be one of the buyers.

greetings and good afternoon

(I hope not to have errors because the translator jajajajaja)

macspite
2012-01-24, 21:16
Bienvenido, yo no hablo español, pero puede usar Google Translate para decir hola. Si usted tiene fotografías de sus relojes vamos a verlos!

Olivier
2012-01-25, 07:24
Incredible, macspite seems to be able to write/speak a lot of foreign language. Nice. :encouragement:

simio
2012-01-25, 08:05
Hi I'm a Spanish guy who always loved the G-Shock watches, I am glad I've found this site.

macspite
2012-01-25, 09:50
Incredible, macspite seems to be able to write/speak a lot of foreign language. Nice. :encouragement:

Mais non mon ami - I use Google translate :o

But I have found that saying "Hello", "Good Morning", "Please" and "Thank you" in the language of the country in which you are in is both polite and it helps to break barriers.

The English speaking countries seem to be very bad at speaking even a very basic form of a foreign language. Many countries have been exposed to American television on their national TV channels and people there pick up English whether they want to or not. So we in Britain don't have a problem in communicating as long as we speak S-L-O-W-L-Y and VERY LOUDLY until we are understood.

Tapi saya telah menemukan bahwa mengatakan "Halo", "Good Morning", "Tolong" dan "Terima kasih" dalam bahasa negara di mana Anda berada di baik sopan dan membantu untuk memecahkan hambatan.

Negara-negara berbahasa Inggris tampaknya sangat buruk dalam berbicara bahkanbentuk yang sangat dasar dari bahasa asing. Banyak negara telah terkena televisi Amerikapada saluran TV nasional mereka dan orang di sana mengambil bahasa Inggris apakah mereka ingin atau tidak. Jadi kita di Inggris tidak memiliki masalah dalam berkomunikasiselama kita berbicara perlahan dan sangat keras sampai kita mengerti.

Maybe we could ask our esteemed moderator if Google translate (http://translate.google.com/translate_tools?hl=en) can be integrated into the site ...

69onehundred
2012-01-25, 23:23
Hello everyone, I have been lurking here since just before Christmas, but thought I had better bite the bullet and have registered tonight!

Here is a bit of my 'G-history' ... :)

My first G was a basic black DW-6900 back in 1998 as a 21st birthday present from my parents. This was soon followed by a teal DW-003, and a few years later by another model, whose exact ID escapes me as it was 'borrowed' many years ago by my little sister - apparently it was the perfect watch for a middle school teacher. :) From what I remember, it may very well have been a DW-9000 in dark metallic blue with a double velcro strap and plastic 'buckle'. I really must see if I can get it back one day!

Anyway, around Christmas I dug out my old 6900 and 003 which had been in need of batteries for a few years, did some googling and discovered this forum. :encouragement:

Needless to say, my love of G's had been rekindled, and before long I was the proud owner of a brand new G-9000 in a very fetching shade of olive green, and already planning my next addition! :D

rutteger
2012-01-26, 12:49
Welcome all, good to see a few new registrations :D

Let's see some pics of your Gs, either start a new thread or add to the 'WRUW' thread.

TZA
2012-01-27, 02:02
Hello fellow casio/G-shock aficionados!

been cruising the board for a little while. ive been an avid watch collector for a long time now. usually have my g-shock on for daily wear (dw5025) but just realized how special it was!

purchased the GD-100NS (N.S.) and am now looking for what seems to be the impossible... GW-9300gy or gb(w/carbon strap).

seems like a great place to chat about out time pieces. hope i can contribute and am always looking to learn.

rutteger
2012-01-27, 10:42
Hello fellow casio/G-shock aficionados!

been cruising the board for a little while. ive been an avid watch collector for a long time now. usually have my g-shock on for daily wear (dw5025) but just realized how special it was!

purchased the GD-100NS (N.S.) and am now looking for what seems to be the impossible... GW-9300gy or gb(w/carbon strap).

seems like a great place to chat about out time pieces. hope i can contribute and am always looking to learn.

Welcome :D The DW-5025 is a great choice, which color do you have it in? Sylvester also a great G, one of the best collabs from last year.

TZA
2012-01-27, 18:02
Welcome :D The DW-5025 is a great choice, which color do you have it in? Sylvester also a great G, one of the best collabs from last year.

thanks! the 5025 is "ocean," i believe. the transparent strap.

Jomuby
2012-01-27, 20:27
Have had a lot over the years Have two at present, a red Mudman and G-300 KRT limited edition which I`ve had for 4 years Looking for a new strap for it

69onehundred
2012-01-28, 00:37
Have had a lot over the years Have two at present, a red Mudman and G-300 KRT limited edition which I`ve had for 4 years Looking for a new strap for it

Is that the red G-9000 with the white face? I have the green version and will definitely be picking up the red version when funds allow. A great looking watch. :encouragement:

rachelchi_beybe
2012-01-28, 12:05
hi there im a newbie here. i want to join the G shock Giveaway. :)

ebiharashun
2012-01-28, 12:36
My name is Shun. I love any kind of watch. Like having G-Shocks,Baby G, And more an i would like to join the G-Shock giveaway.

Jomuby
2012-01-28, 23:00
Yes it is Great watch Its just so hard to choose sometimes which to buy G Shocks are the most underrated in the world Best watches by far

sharkfin
2012-02-01, 18:07
Hi guys, another Gshock addict here.:glee:
For some reason, I thought I was member here, but lost track.
So, better late than never, here I am.:cheerful:

cheers,
Dave

r7ctr
2012-02-01, 20:09
Foot in the door through retrobike, glad to see i'm not alone in my love of these watches. :cool:

macornley
2012-02-01, 22:13
Hi,

Have been following the RSS feed but for some reason never registered.
Currently wearing a GW6900 in black, the ultimate watch in my opinion, tough as an ox, multi band atomic timekeeping and solar powered, what more do you need!
Also wear a DW5600E for work on a daily basis, and have a G5600A-3, both of which I've stealthed.

Cheers

Matt

syedazmi
2012-02-02, 02:34
hello. i'm newbie in this forum. found this cool website on facebook. i'm a big fan of ga-110 series and dw-6900 series but i hope i can collect other series too. i will try too share my collection later :)

edward3003
2012-02-02, 02:44
A big hi to all, found this webby thru facebook n now official member... Had my very first Casio 25 years back... That was a Telememo 30, wore for close to 15 years that i found the next cool watch... The Frogman! Was crazy over it that i had close to 10 of them now! :-) Fellow frog lovers can share share the collection? :-)

Karl Wickstrom
2012-02-02, 03:16
I love this site,have 5 G Shocks and looking to get more!!!

G-Man
2012-02-02, 07:47
Hi All,
I have the DW-6600 model number 1199 for almost 20 years - still working!
Looking nowadays for a new watch. It's about time, don't you think? :-)
Looks like i got to the right place.

guilherme
2012-02-02, 08:55
Hi, I'm Guilherme, from Brazil.

I started my collection last month. My collection so far: a Mudman G-9300GY and a Protrek PRG-200GB.

Cheers! :)

snowboard
2012-02-02, 09:44
Hello everyone. I am from Greece and I own a gw-5600bc and a g-7710.

adrianwclim
2012-02-02, 11:19
Hi Guys, totally new to this forum. Love the GShocks. Own a MUDMAN, G-9300GB-1 and loving it!

Freddy
2012-02-02, 15:05
Hello everyone just wanted to say that g shock by far is my favorite watch I love my watches and I guess we all share the same nice to meet everyone

d00k
2012-02-05, 15:10
I love g-shocks & own a DW-5600. Thanks!

mitsudriver
2012-02-07, 04:17
Hello gents,

Been collecting G-Shocks seriously since about 2008. I've owned and sold/traded about 13 and currently have three -- a King, Frog and Jason -- in the daily rotation. I joined here in June but hope to be a little more active presence around here.

Here's a look at some of my current collection (G-Shocks that is)

http://watchshock.com/embed/Casio/G-Shock/G-0xx/G-001-1C/G-001-1C.tn1.jpg (http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/G-0xx/G-001-1C/)http://watchshock.com/embed/Casio/G-Shock/DW-9xxx/DW-9052-1V/DW-9052-1V.tn1.jpg (http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/DW-9xxx/DW-9052-1V/)http://watchshock.com/embed/Casio/G-Shock/GX-56xx/GX-56-1A/GX-56-1A.tn1.jpg (http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/GX-56xx/GX-56-1A/)http://watchshock.com/embed/Casio/G-Shock/Frogman/GW-200-2/GW-200-2.tn1.jpg (http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/Frogman/GW-200-2/)

rutteger
2012-02-07, 08:46
Welcome all :cool:

lilith
2012-02-07, 13:39
I purchased my first Baby G a year ago. It is model 3772. I purchased my 2nd Baby G about 6 months ago. It is model 5001. I was so pleased to find a Bab G in Rosetone. I have a rose gold wedding ring with meteorite embedded in it. A striking combination. I am so happy with both of these watches. They are both rugged and look nice, even on my smaller wrists.

skidzz
2012-02-08, 23:08
MABUHAY(tagalog word for Greetings!)
newbie from the Philippines!Known casio for more than 25 years!But never owned one til Spetember of last year when I was introduced to the GA 110 series!Since then I was able to own at one point 10 casio G shocks!All in a span of 2 and a half months!Has since trimmed downed the collection to 6!I think most are limited or collector's.In the process of acquiring either a GF-1000BP or a GWF-1000BS.I am into the froggies right now:afro:

rutteger
2012-02-09, 10:11
@lilith - welcome, good to have forum mebers into their Baby-Gs :)

@skidzz - quite a collection very quickly. Good luck with the Frog :cool:

BEEPO-1
2012-02-10, 14:37
Hey y'all I'm Jason from good ol' Georgia. I've had a DW-003, a dw-5600, dw-9600 FIFA 94' Worlds cup with Ti back, and several non-G Casio's. I hope to find another fav G' soon though - Jason (aka - Beepo)

rutteger
2012-02-10, 15:49
Welcome BEEPO-1, look forward to seein some of your G-Shocks :)

dalj_b
2012-02-10, 19:30
Hi Guys, new to the forum so I thought I would say hi. My collection, although small has some nice pieces including:

GA-100-1A4ER
DW6900FS-8
illest x G-Shock DW-6900

:cool:

agentzigzag
2012-02-10, 19:45
hello G-Shockzone, im a new collector as of this year. I owned a G-2000 bought new 12 years ago and was bought a riseman this xmas gone by my wife. In the space of a month ive gone from 2 g-shocks to 11. I will post them up as I go along!

rutteger
2012-02-11, 13:09
Welcome dalj_b & agentzigzag :cool: Look forward to seeing pics of your Gs.

@dalj_b - good work scoring an illest
@agentzigzag 2->11 in a month is great work :encouragement:

Feisar
2012-02-12, 13:57
G'morning from USA! New to this forum and relatively quiet lurker on F17. I caught the G-Shock fever over the holidays over a a year ago and have been ugh "amassing"... a collection over 40 but not quite 50... ... ...yet, LOL. I have a weak spot for Frogs and unique collaboration designs. Cheers!

The collection
GWF-1000RD/BP/BS-1JF, GF-8250-9, GW-9300GY-1JF, G-9000MC-8, G-9200BL-2, G-9200R-4, GW-9200PJ-7JF, GW-5000-1JF, GW-S5600-1JF, GWX-5600B-7, GW-7900CD-9, GW7900RD-4, GW-3000M-4A, GXW-56E-1JF, GX-56-4A, GW-6900RD-4

GA110-1BJF, GD100MS-3JF, GD100SC-7, GA100A-9A, GA100C-7A, G8900A-1, GDF100-4

Collaborations
DW-8800AB-9T (x2), GW-6900K-7, GX-56DGK-1, GD-100NS-7, DW-5600PR-4, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-1A, G5500AL-1
DW-6900 x Subcrew, Brooklyn Circus, Bape (Black Out), Krink, Illest; GLX-6900-X2, XA9 In4Mations
DW-5600LOW-9V

Playsets
DW-6900SW-6ER, GD-100PS-3

Incoming
GW-206K-7LRG, Stussy DW-5000ST-1JR

seanobsdot
2012-02-12, 14:03
Nice to have you...you have a seriously.big collection probably one of the biggest on the forum...again good to have ya and can't wait to see the collection you have amassed. NY,USA HERE

rutteger
2012-02-12, 20:09
@Feisar - welcome, quite a collection you've built up in a relatively short time :eek: Look forward to seeing the pics :)

xenio
2012-02-14, 10:08
Hi, I am here for the first time as a registered user. But used to drop in here before. I am from Serbia.
Although I've already had casio watches before, I never had an g shock. I am just about to get one and i think it will be a gdf 100. My first serious casio was an illuminator but cant remember the number. One of my favorite was protrek prg 40, it was really awesome. Above all, i think that g shocks, protreks and simillar are the best value/offers at the market. I also like g shock zone, you can find a lot of useful info and watch reviews and comparisons. So,be free and welcome me.haha.

macspite
2012-02-14, 15:37
Hi Xenio, a late hello to you - I've been busy sorting out invoices for work so I can claim my wages - not enough to buy that MR-G (http://www.g-shockzone.com/showthread.php?926-Casio-G-shock-MRG-8100B-1AJF-MULTIBAND-6) unfortunately. Noticed your comment but decided to concentrate on getting some work done, now I can play.

It's been cold in the UK recently but I imagine Serbia must be much colder, what have your temperatures dropped to? There are a couple of G-s that are marketed as low temperature watches; g-9000 and g-7900 spring to mind. Good luck in getting your first G, if you need any help making a decision ask questions in here and we will try to answer.

When you do get your watch it is a tradition that you take some pictures of it to show us - so don't keep us in suspense :D

xenio
2012-02-14, 16:07
Oh,u can bet it is much colder. I think it is the coldest and "snowest " winter for the last 20-30 yrs. It droped down to -22 celsius. So i guess i have to find appropriate g shock for such temperatures,huh?haha. Yeah, i was thinking about g 9000 but too small and g 7900 is interesting. Hmmm dont know. Somehow gdf100 is much closer to me considdering all,look,dimensions and what it does. But i have to collect money for any of them anyway. Here in Serbia my wage is a bit more than 200 eur if u can imagine. If i buy watch then i have to take off the straps and give my kids to eat it cause i will not be able to buy some food,haha. But, im too crazy about g shock so let it be.:-D. thanks for reply. C ya round.
P.S. maybe i get this givingaway watch from g shockzone.........just dreaming.

xenio
2012-02-14, 16:13
And yes,as soon as i get or buy one i will put some pics. But not sure when it will be.sorry for mistyping,im doing it on tablet.

rutteger
2012-02-14, 16:30
So,be free and welcome me.haha.

Welcome :encouragement:

xenio
2012-02-14, 18:26
Yupeeee. Thanks man :-)

tempura19
2012-02-14, 18:29
Hi everyone , im new to this forum but have been a g-shock lover way back since 1990.
Now im trying to collect old titanium frogman and dw-5900.
Hope to know more g-shock lovers !
CVheers ....

xenio
2012-02-14, 18:37
Welcome,
dont worry, im new,too. This is my first day here. Hope u will have a great time here.

Mario M. Villanueva
2012-02-17, 03:20
Welcome :cool:

Good to see someone else has an interest in the older stuff. The WW-5300 is a rare old item, would love to see some pics.

I got my first G-shock in 1990 as a x-mas gift. I just replaced it with a GA100-1A4....Over 20 years and 7 batteries! I Love it!!

rutteger
2012-02-17, 10:43
Hi everyone , im new to this forum but have been a g-shock lover way back since 1990.
Now im trying to collect old titanium frogman and dw-5900.
Hope to know more g-shock lovers !
CVheers ....

I got my first G-shock in 1990 as a x-mas gift. I just replaced it with a GA100-1A4....Over 20 years and 7 batteries! I Love it!!

Welcome, look forward to seeing those Gs :)

Out of interest what is location A,A??

Andthenhow
2012-02-17, 12:37
Hi,

I'm new to forum and I know nothing abt Gshock. More than a yr ago I realised my bf loves Gshock n has been wearing his for more than 10 yrs. but he couldn't bear to pay for new ones because he said e models he likes are very expensive. Yet he has been spending alot more money on me instead. I really wanted to get him one and thought it would b a very easy task but I was very wrong. After surfing e net abt Gshock I realised there are so many models w so many functions for diff needs and wants. I am afraid that I will get something he might not like ESP girls hav diff taste for watches. N I wanted it to be a surprise therefore I have never asked if he had liked all e models I fancied in my search. N I know even if I were to ask he will tell me to save e money.

Therefore I really hope I can get better insight n knowledge on Gshock watches in this forum. Really hope one day I can present him a watch we will both like.

Mario M. Villanueva
2012-02-18, 07:13
Welcome, look forward to seeing those Gs :)

Out of interest what is location A,A??

I have no idea where that came from!! "A,A" is a mystery to me. I'm from Santa Clarita, Ca.

Eagle5JJC
2012-02-19, 06:19
New to the forum. Just recently got into G-Shock through a friend and now have started my collection. Purchased 3 in 2 months (DW6900nb-1, G8900A-7, GLX5600-4). Intrigued at all the collaborations of G-Shocks and well just looking to add to my collection. Proud to be a part of the G-Shock Family, greatest watches ever!!!

-JJ

rutteger
2012-02-19, 22:23
New to the forum. Just recently got into G-Shock through a friend and now have started my collection. Purchased 3 in 2 months (DW6900nb-1, G8900A-7, GLX5600-4). Intrigued at all the collaborations of G-Shocks and well just looking to add to my collection. Proud to be a part of the G-Shock Family, greatest watches ever!!!

-JJ

Welcome to the site :) Look forward to seeing some pics of your Gs.

Subcrunk
2012-02-20, 17:07
Hey everyone! Stumbled across this site while reading up on G Shocks. I ordered my first, a GD100-1A this past Friday and I cannot wait to get it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about these nice timepieces.

xenio
2012-02-20, 17:26

-JJ

Welcome. Lucky you. I like that watch too. Tell us your impression when you get it.

Nigel Wright
2012-02-20, 21:08
Hi

I only have one G-shock - but I have owned it for about 15 years.

It started life as a DW 002 but after about 11 years the top bezel suffered from resin rot & I could not find a supplier anywhere.

I bought a 6900 case & used my movement, back plate, face plate & strap adapters.

I would prefer the old chunkier style dw 002 case but at least the transplant allows me to wear my old watch.

Maybe one day the resin parts will be remade.

Nigel.

TomBoyNI
2012-02-20, 23:22
Hi

I only have one G-shock - but I have owned it for about 15 years.

It started life as a DW 002 but after about 11 years the top bezel suffered from resin rot & I could not find a supplier anywhere.

I bought a 6900 case & used my movement, back plate, face plate & strap adapters.

I would prefer the old chunkier style dw 002 case but at least the transplant allows me to wear my old watch.

Maybe one day the resin parts will be remade.

Nigel.

I like the sound of that, looking forward to a pic :)

Mario M. Villanueva
2012-02-21, 02:35
Hi,

I'm new to forum and I know nothing abt Gshock. More than a yr ago I realised my bf loves Gshock n has been wearing his for more than 10 yrs. but he couldn't bear to pay for new ones because he said e models he likes are very expensive. Yet he has been spending alot more money on me instead. I really wanted to get him one and thought it would b a very easy task but I was very wrong. After surfing e net abt Gshock I realised there are so many models w so many functions for diff needs and wants. I am afraid that I will get something he might not like ESP girls hav diff taste for watches. N I wanted it to be a surprise therefore I have never asked if he had liked all e models I fancied in my search. N I know even if I were to ask he will tell me to save e money.

Therefore I really hope I can get better insight n knowledge on Gshock watches in this forum. Really hope one day I can present him a watch we will both like.

If you go to "gshock.com", you'll be able to see all of the models. My first watch was the DW-5900 series and it lasted me over 20 years!! I then bought a G9000 "mudman" series, which is a great watch. I just happen to see the GA1000-1A4 watch and fell in love with that so I bought it. You (or your BF) will be happy with almost any g-shock you get. I know I am.

macspite
2012-02-21, 09:30
A good way to see many of the models in actual use rather than Casio's stock photos is to browse the current and all the previous "WRUW" (What are you wearing) threads on this forum. That way you can see how they look on the wrist and read the comments of the owners.

Nigel Wright
2012-02-21, 13:04
I like the sound of that, looking forward to a pic :)

Here is a photo - does not really look different to a 6900 but it was the only way I could find to keep the old module usable.

Nigel.

Nigel Wright
2012-02-21, 13:09
Forgot to say:-

I like the faceplate from the 002 better as it has mode adjust etc marked on it (the 6900 does not as it has it on the outer resin instead) - apart from that the face plate is the same.

I also like how faded the right hand 'eye' has become on mine - when I have seen new ones the background is a brighter red but mine is quite faded.

The things the photo does not show are the strap adapters - I have a generic velcro strap through the adapters. Also the case back is marked dw002 - no special reason to reuse it but just felt like more of the watch is original to me.

Nigel.

rutteger
2012-02-21, 13:44
Welcome all.

@Nigel Wright . Nice work. Did you ever try Casio themselves for spares?

Nigel Wright
2012-02-21, 14:24
Welcome all.

@Nigel Wright . Nice work. Did you ever try Casio themselves for spares?

Hi

I tried Casio UK & also Casio USA & Tictox - no luck.

I did think about getting a used 002 with say a broken module but I think age wise it would be on it's last legs - if you google resin rot the 002 seems to be one of the models that suffers the worst.

I would love to get a replacement one someday - would be great if casio provided more spares as the outer resin was the only bit of the watch that showed any damage (inner case etc was fine).

Nigel.

macspite
2012-02-21, 14:58
Hi
I did think about getting a used 002 with say a broken module but I think age wise it would be on it's last legs - if you google resin rot the 002 seems to be one of the models that suffers the worst.

Hi Nigel and welcome. I agree about the 002 being a "rotter" through personal experience. I wonder if Casio might be persuaded to produce a 30th anniversary 002 model similar to the new Jason taking over from the DW-001. Then a supply of bezels could become available. Is it worth contacting the Brazilian guys that advertise various aftermarket bezels on eBay?

The problem for anyone wishing to produce something approaching the quality of the original Casio bezel is the cost of modelmaking and tooling for a resin injection mould - many thousands. A lot of money to recoup on investment at 20 or 30 quid a time.

I wonder whether Casio throw their moulds away or if they are on a shelf in a store somewhere, gathering dust?

rutteger
2012-02-21, 15:50
Why not build your own like this Japanese blogger > http://lippisystem.blog21.fc2.com/blog-entry-398.html !!

Be interesting to see this model reissued.

As for the moulds who knows, you'd think they'd hang onto some at least....

jimmy88
2012-02-21, 22:39
Hello,

Always Like G-Shocks from the mid 90s but never purchased one finally bought my first G Shock (DW-6900SB-2DR) from the G Shock West Store last month as an everyday watch after my old watch stopped working and have GRX-5600B-2ER on it way this week purchased from Amazon.

Unfortunately I also seen another G Shock in the classifieds which Im interested in purchasing :confused:

I also own 2 non G-Shock watches a Gucci G Watch which I class as my smart watch which I have not worn since I have purchased my DW6900 and I also own a Tag Heuer Formula One watch (which I call the cheap Tag) which I purchased in the early 90s which was my everyday watch until it stopped working the other year and needs looking at to get it going again as well as a new strap.

Loving the forum.

rutteger
2012-02-22, 08:53
Welcome jimmy88, two fine choices already :)

thejerryong
2012-02-22, 10:50
Newbie here from the Philippines. I'm a GShock fan like everyone in here is. Used to have a GA-110C-7A but I sold it and bought a GA-100B-7A. Saving up and getting an all black GA100. Hope to learn more from this community. :) Cheers!

gaelonesippe
2012-02-23, 22:02
awesome!!!

renegadewill
2012-02-24, 06:48
Been rockin a Solar Atomic Mudman for a couple years and never fails. I also own a Luminox and a couple Seikos.

richster98
2012-02-24, 06:51
Hey just introducing myself

Names Richard

been wearing the same G-Shock for a fews years and looking to get a new one
Love the one i have now, just so reliable and its been through quite a bit.
looking forward to seeing what new things are going to come out soon

Regards

Richard

enzo
2012-02-24, 06:57
Hello, there

my name is Garn, from Thailand.

I'd owned g9000 (green mudman) for my first g-shock but I've lost it 2 years ago.

I know this comm. from FB G-shock fanpage nice to see you all.

Best,

rumenm
2012-02-24, 06:58
Hi there! I'm Rumen from Bulgaria. Big fan of g-shock, always have always will be :)

twinsdevils
2012-02-24, 07:01
Hi...i'm gshock fan...valentino rossi always wear gshock...but i never have 1...alwys dreaming to have 1 like him...

Usama Khan
2012-02-24, 07:02
hey whats up im going to make an introduction, i bought my first g shock 2 years ago and keep the same g shock ever since. it remains my only watch. and i would never trade it for another. but it would be nice to get another one. thats all i got to say. cheers

GShock12211
2012-02-24, 07:02
Hey just droppin to introduce myself.
For starters I've bought my first GShock for about 2 years and havent stopped wearing it.
I'm located in the socal area and GShocks every where I see I go crazy

TIM747
2012-02-24, 07:05
Hi, Tim here. Currently I only have one G-Shock, the DW6900SN-1, but I plan on collecting more! Got my eyes on a DW6900R-7 (White Rasta Edition 6900). Great to be part of this community!

ostoja
2012-02-24, 07:06
Hey, I'm Tomek, I study civil engineering in Warsaw, Poland. I bought my first g-shock a year ago and it's the most excellent thing I've ever had.

tobias
2012-02-24, 07:10
I love g shocks. I wear a different one everyday.

jricher82
2012-02-24, 07:20
New to the forum, long time G-Shock owner and fan.

tobias
2012-02-24, 07:22
Indeed iam.

Storm_Kyori
2012-02-24, 07:34
Hey guys,

New to the whole G Shock scene. I've seen Casio watches and such that my dad would wear but, it was never really something I paid attention to. I got my first last year. My friend had one and I wanted a watch so I looked online at the different models. My favorite color is red so I went with that and got my G7900A-4. I really like it and I've been trying to expand my collection. I really like the GRX5600GE-1 | GW6900F-7 | DW6900SB-8 | GR-8900A-7 maybe soon ill have all of them

Stephanos
2012-02-24, 07:42
Hello!

I'm new to the forum but not to Casio :)
I had my first Casio when I was quite young. Simple digital watch. But then I saw an SUF-100 in a shop window and I was in love! I got that as a birthday present when I was about 10. And now even though I do own more expensive watches, my G-Shock and Pro-Trek models are a very important part of my collection :)

Nice to be here

eldazzio
2012-02-24, 07:49
Hi Guys,
As recent convert to G shock I have to say these are the best watches I've ever owned. I have a G1000D (I think that's right) and I was looking to get a different model for everyday dirty use. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Don Van Vliet
2012-02-24, 07:53
Hi All,

I'm a newbie with a love of all sorts of watches. My baby is my Panerai Luminor, which I managed to prise of my old boss for a steal a few years ago. I've got a couple of old school silver casios, one modest g-shock and a moody Bell & Ross that I picked up in Thailand. I've been eyeing up a lot of G-shocks recently and I can only see that as the way forward.

pahnanh97
2012-02-24, 08:00
Hi all,

I'm a newbie. I had never fallen in love witch watches until i saw G-shock watches, they are amazing. I love all g-shock watches because the out-looking is so COOL! I'm using DW-7900 and i cant wait to get a new one :p

pahnanh97
2012-02-24, 08:02
Hi all,

I'm a newbie. I had never fallen in love witch watches until i saw G-shock watches, they are amazing. I love all g-shock watches because the out-looking is so COOL! I'm using DW-7900 and i cant wait to get a new one :p

Buging_King
2012-02-24, 08:07
Hi to all member, Buging_King is the name from Pasig, Manila Philippines. My 1st Casion watch is way back 2000 with a built in remote control for appliances. Since then, I want a new, mean and green watch. What i like in Casio Brand is their watch features and a cool, clean design. Hope I type it all.

Ling Jien
2012-02-24, 08:08
newbie in collecting g-shock and have few model g lide series n 1 dee & ricky , wasted too much money on collecting watch and now im pretty ****ed up because of no money for lunch . maybe i will stop collecting them untill i save some money for the model i like ... I LOVE G SHOCK !!

peters
2012-02-24, 08:22
i need that Gshock

adfrancisco
2012-02-24, 08:39
I have 2 G-shocks right now (DW-9052) and (G-312RL-4A), will collect more...this is now my addiction...

TZ newbie from Manila...

alien829
2012-02-24, 08:42
hi, name is samson.
had my first g-shock g-cool since 2001, currently has a DW6900NB-7 as my weekend time piece.
looking to get another 6900 in black

been a big fan of g-shock since 1997

AikiRooster
2012-02-24, 08:54
Love g shock watches, have owned and used them on a daily basis since I had my first in the US Marine Corps in the first Gulf War. They're great watches, was in combat with em, locked folks up with em, g shocks dont fail, at least not compared to other watches. Especially like, and will only get solar powered ones these days. Not interested in regular battery operated ones any longer. I'd lke to have this give away so, hopefully this gets me squared away.

rutteger
2012-02-24, 09:04
Welcome to all our new members :) Guess you found us via our facebook page or that of G-Shock :cool:

Any questions best setup a new thread in the forum.

boshikan_09
2012-02-24, 09:26
Mabuhay!!! I'm Joseph Christopher from the Philippines... Got the info from Facebook and wanted to take a chance. Got my own as a gift from my uncle in 2006. Ran out of battery so I had it replaced one day in 2010. I don't know what happened but later that evening I went for a swim but when I checked for the time, my watch had water inside. That was my first G-shock watch. Hoping to win my second one here. Have a great day ahead.

bhandwerk182
2012-02-24, 12:18
He everybody, my name is Ben. I've been in love with g-shocks since the day I saw them. I got my first g-shock about a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. The style and durability are just off the wall. I would really love to have a red 7900 or 8900, along with the new white Dee and Ricky collab.

190Benz
2012-02-24, 13:12
Hi guys!

I am Niels from Belgium. I have always loved g-shocks. I bought my first g-shock when i was 16. I owned a few. All in black. I am now thinking about a G-shock Aviation. Those things look mean as hell!

sdots
2012-02-24, 13:49
hey there G shock has been my dream watch ..... had to wait for 4 years to get one and now i am using it for the last 7 years ...
have DW 6900

cyberlook
2012-02-24, 14:48
Hello,

I come from HK.

I have been I keen wearer of Casio watches and all things G-Shock for over 15 years.

I look forward to participating and reading in the G-Shock world.

CyberLook

kromann966
2012-02-24, 16:02
Hi I am from Denmark and I just love G-shock!
I have some watches but my Casio G-shock GLX-5600-4DR is my favorite. I love the shape, and the red color is just fantastic.
I see forward to the new G-shock collections and will soon buy a new one.

Best Regards
Rasmus

lucas_hawks
2012-02-24, 16:48
Hi, i'm Lucas from Argentina. I recently buy a dw6900 and I love it. It was expensive for me, because of the import taxes. I want another 6900 or a 5600 but cannot afford it! jaja.

Respects to everyone

Saludos a todos.

Murilloironman
2012-02-25, 00:12
I'm new to the website and it looks great. I have one g shock but I will be buying more since they are great watches.
I would like to know where a Casio store is in the west.

STEELINOX
2012-02-25, 03:20
Hello,

Here's my only G.

I also want to add an ABC G lika Pathfinder 5100...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii311/insubterfuge/IMG_2515.jpg

terryjames
2012-02-25, 12:13
Hello to all,I have been hovering around the Forum for a very long time and thought it was about time i introduced myself and start taking part.I am a complete watch nut and my collection at the Mo stands at around 80.Out of which 20 are Casio {8 G`s }.My favourite at the moment is my new froggy final edition GW200z.Anyway look forward to spending some time on the forum............Terry

wdiamond2
2012-02-25, 16:44
i got my first g shock about 6 months ago and now i have two and im thinking about getting another

Choi
2012-02-26, 14:40
hi im new here in gshock zone,im from philippines but currently working here in riyadh saudi arabia,just started collecting G-SHOCKS last november got me a g2300f then can't help it anymore so i got addicted hhehehe right now i have 6 G's hope i'll have more this year.i have a picture of my simple collection hope you guys like it,hmmm also dreaming of collecting those limited edition damnnnn very hard to find:cool:2056

diagus
2012-02-27, 06:15
have no g shock but i am collecting money to buy one.nice to see the wide ranges of gshock series.nice crashproof series

MaukaRunner
2012-02-28, 21:29
Hi, I'm Eric from Hawaii. Bought my first G-Shock back in the '80's. It was a DW-5200 which I recently restored. Just need one bezel screw and it will be perfect. Currently wearing a GA-100. I'll make sure to check out this site more.

KVM888
2012-02-29, 12:39
Hello all, my name's Kirk - from the beautiful Island of Cebu. I've been into G-shocks for a couple of years now.. Aside from these watches, I'm also into vintage 4x4 trucks, and yes - comicbooks. lol. Nice to meet everybody. See you around! :welcoming:

rutteger
2012-03-02, 10:28
Welcome to all our new members, lets see a pic of some of those Gs in the WRUW thread > http://www.g-shockzone.com/showthread.php?1018-WRUW-27th-Feb-gt-4th-Mar :encouragement:

Black60
2012-03-08, 13:26
Hello I am also owner of several G-Shock ........... and 'a good disease ........ but it' s my passion :-)

Marco

rutteger
2012-03-08, 18:12
Hello I am also owner of several G-Shock ........... and 'a good disease ........ but it' s my passion :-)

Marco

Welcome, look forward to seeing your collection :)

Black60
2012-03-08, 19:11
I just started ......... these are my G-Shock :wink-new:

in group

http://i44.tinypic.com/nnt8c9.jpg

and some single

http://i42.tinypic.com/xgfckl.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/gh2.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e1veo3.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/ei6mtg.jpg

rutteger
2012-03-08, 19:16
Really solid collection there, all killer and no filler :D

Black60
2012-03-08, 19:21
What does all killer and no filler mean?

rutteger
2012-03-08, 19:25
What does all killer and no filler mean?

It's a good thing :) I just mean you have an excellent selection of G-Shocks. Nice case also.

Black60
2012-03-08, 19:35
Thank you ........ I really like the mod. GA-111DR-7AER Dee & Ricky is very expensive!!

also the mod.SHOCK GD-100WW-7ER is expensive too!!

P.S.

Sorry for my English but I use the translator.

agentzigzag
2012-03-08, 20:33
Great collection black60

Black60
2012-03-08, 20:45
Thank you ........ and prox week there will be 'a new arrival :fat:

Feisar
2012-03-10, 19:40
Quick preview of 50-Gs collected over the past year.

Missing from the photos are the Brooklyn Circus, Shock the World Limited Playset, Lo.wer, 2x Codename by Marc Aurele DW-8800AB-9T, Surfrider Foundation DW-9500SR-8T, Bape black-out, Skullcandy, and Eric Haze 5600.

Project Team Tough 5000SP, 5025SP and DW-8200BK Real Black Frogman incoming marking my 50th G-Shock.

rutteger
2012-03-10, 19:45
Really solid collection there, great way to mark your 50th G too :D

Cool case too, proper watch case?

Feisar
2012-03-10, 19:56
Really solid collection there, great way to mark your 50th G too :D

Cool case too, proper watch case?

Many thanks Rutteger! Ugh, need to order another Pelican 1470 for my other Gs multiplying in my sock drawer, LOL.

I do a have a very special case I keep my mechanical watches in.

rutteger
2012-03-10, 20:21
Whoa, is that 4 panerai? Cool wood box, like the frog hiding with the mechanicals :D

Did the pelican cases come ready for the watches or did you mod the insert?

Feisar
2012-03-10, 20:32
Whoa, is that 4 panerai? Cool wood box, like the frog hiding with the mechanicals :D

Did the pelican cases come ready for the watches or did you mod the insert?

LOL, ugh yeppers. I'm watch geek at heart and the Panerai's are a reminder of my great friendships within the community. Haha, yeah there's an empty spot for my next Panerai that the BR Froggie keeps occupied until it arrives.

The Pelican cases have what's called "pick-n-pluck" foam. The foam is pre-scored into small cubes that you can "pluck out" allowing you to customize the interior to what you want to protect. The black 1470 case is great for holding G's and after many trial-n-errors I finally have the foam set-up to hold 18 Gs with enough space in between.

:very_drunk:

rutteger
2012-03-11, 17:32
LOL, ugh yeppers. I'm watch geek at heart and the Panerai's are a reminder of my great friendships within the community. Haha, yeah there's an empty spot for my next Panerai that the BR Froggie keeps occupied until it arrives.

Nice one. Good work in having all the watches showing the same time too esp given most were mechanical :)

The Pelican cases have what's called "pick-n-pluck" foam. The foam is pre-scored into small cubes that you can "pluck out" allowing you to customize the interior to what you want to protect. The black 1470 case is great for holding G's and after many trial-n-errors I finally have the foam set-up to hold 18 Gs with enough space in between.

The pick-n-pluck foam is good stuff, have used it to line my watch draw at home :D

Black60
2012-03-11, 17:49
Quick preview of 50-Gs collected over the past year.

Missing from the photos are the Brooklyn Circus, Shock the World Limited Playset, Lo.wer, 2x Codename by Marc Aurele DW-8800AB-9T, Surfrider Foundation DW-9500SR-8T, Bape black-out, Skullcandy, and Eric Haze 5600.

Project Team Tough 5000SP, 5025SP and DW-8200BK Real Black Frogman incoming marking my 50th G-Shock.

Spectacular collection ......... very nice!! :encouragement::encouragement:

chavo60
2012-03-12, 16:34
Hi there!

New to collecting.... started in January 2012 and was immediately addicted. Currently have about 10-15 pieces and three in the mail (turbokolor, Mr. Cartoon, and BlVck ScVle). Nothing too fancy... different color variations. Just bought a watch display which i plan to modify (pictures soon to come)
(Edit: just received a refund for the BlVck ScVle after waiting 11 days.... why do some ebay users wait until a dispute is opened before refunding?!?!)

Would like to get my hands on the 6900 Stussy, White evangelion GA110EV, Ontfront GA-110C, 6900 Brooklyn Circus, 6900 Batman, ..... and many more! :-) (ambitious arent I?)

I check the forum every 10 minutes hoping that one of our members will sell something at a reasonable price... enjoy reading on upcoming collaborations and seeing everyone elses collections.

Thanks for having me

pericolo
2012-03-12, 19:01
Hi, g-shock people!
I'm Luiz from Brazil and I've been collecting G-shocks for 3+ years now.
Each time I get a new piece I become more amazed at how sturdy and tough they are. And I flip out every once in a while when I see a cool model in the blog posts. (as I have flipped out recently with the RAF model. Super sweet. Don't know when they'll arrive in Brazil and at what cost they will be sold, but anyhow)

I really don't care when some people tell me digital watches are for kids. I've been more into the solar models for now.

That's it, guys! Cheers!

Deaconxx
2012-03-13, 01:38
Hello! I'll be brief, but after years of G-shock fascination, I figure I better join the community. I have a bad habit of buying, wearing, then upgrading my collection, so you may see some of my stuff in the classifieds eventually. I started with a single G-shock I bought for a military deployment, and it was the beginning of an obsession.
My edifice, G-Shock, Pathfinder collection. (ignore the rest of the junk)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/deaconxx/IMG_6832.jpg

Harii_up
2012-03-13, 07:19
Hello my name is hariom. I am from india! Been admiring gshocks for a hear now! I have collected a few $hocks lately! I totally love the 7900 design and also the aviator series!

Thanks
Hariom

Harii_up
2012-03-13, 07:49
Hello i am from India. Just came across the website from twitter followers. Been admiring gshocks from a year now and with each new release its getting more addictive! I have a few shocks in my collection im attaching a pic here231623162316

domchek
2012-03-13, 11:12
I'm new here but I quite a G-Shock fanatic. Always keep myself up to date with what's in store in my areas (G-Factory) and online (G-Shockzone Facebook) and My G-shock(twitter).

Owning a few of them: BAPE DW-6900 2011 edition, recently bought a Military Green GW-6900KG (CURRENT FAVOURITE), GW-M5600-1JF 1 normal display and 1 negative display, 1st gen riseman, green 1st gen mudman and GW5600R.

Started loving casio when my first watch was a black Baby-G, and as I grow older, i slowly switched to looking around at G-Shocks instead. Also thanks to my brother, I inherited his old skool 6900(retired).

Will continue to increase my G-Shock collection once I start working :). Currently what I hope to have would be the Men-In-Grey series, AWESOME!!!!! oh well prolly summer jobs will get me these hehe

And almost forget.. FROGMAN!!!!!!!!!!

addictedtothatrush
2012-03-13, 11:41
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. My friend just recently showed me this site, telling me I can find great casio g-shocks here. I had my first g-shock when I was still in grade school, too bad I lost it. I'm 26 years old now and working in a lottery outlet (ticketing sales). I'm planning on buying a g-shock one of these days and also my fingers are crossed waiting for the g-shock smartphone - still no news.

Very wonderful and neat looking website!

Regards,
Jobo

suaku
2012-03-13, 12:38
Hello all

I'm a daily G-Shock wearer from Singapore. :) Been a long time lurker at gshockzone.com for latest news and pictures, but had to join today due to the Mudman giveaway. Hopefully my stay here will be nice and pleasant.

I own 2 Gs from the Street Rider series because I prefer analog reading. The G-shocks are great for my work (gym environment)! They take all knocks and bumps without any problems. Plus their batteries just last and last and last. I haven't had any battery changes since I got them (06 & 08).

I'm thinking of starting a small G-shock collection focused on the Master of G series because I like their special caseback printings.

cheers!

mchoro
2012-03-13, 15:07
Newbie to G-Shock. I'm interesting to G-Shock from a one year.
I have 2 CASIO from years. I do like admire technological solution
from G-Shocks. I'd like to eager to learn G-Shock knowledge.

Regards :)
Miki

mock1972
2012-03-13, 17:29
Hello All
I´m new to this forum. I have 3 G-Shocks, G2800, G7710 and my favourite Gw9010 MUDMAN.

Regards
Diego from Spain

analogic
2012-03-13, 19:04
Hey guys, G-shock noob and forum noob as well. I've started off with 2 pieces - GD100MS-1, GA100B-7A - and hope to not become too addicted. I'm trying to pace myself, waiting till my birthday in June to pull the trigger on #3, but I hope I can hold out that long. I'm waiting on the new GA150 series. Any clues as to a solid release date on these? Anyway, glad to be here :)

Rufioprc88
2012-03-13, 23:26
Hi newbie here on the forum, nearly 3 years hooked on g shock! It is very true ones you get one the rest is history! I like a bit Of everything I even have a Databank that gets a lot of wrist time ;) but my daily beater is a G 6900cc love the solar function.

Cheers from Puerto Rico!

Black60
2012-03-14, 06:05
is' getting a new g-shock;-)

Psweeting
2012-03-14, 08:15
Hiya,

Only been collecting since September 2010 but already spent way too much on watches and not stopping... I had a DW-9200K ICERC from 1998 until last year and when it broke, that's when the spending began.

Black60
2012-03-14, 11:21
is' getting a new g-shock;-)

It 's got a new G-Shock collection...........G-SHOCK G-8900A-7ER

http://i40.tinypic.com/ddw5f.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/10fc65c.jpg

sapphire5678
2012-03-15, 00:43
Hello there, this site looks pretty great. I actually haven't gotten a G-Shock yet, but will be getting this one this week.
http://origin.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/1a6/a/AAAADLs9qlsAAAAAAaaqew.jpg?v=1321915448000

k1ngunit
2012-03-16, 03:55
hey guys, im brand new to the g-shock world. just got my first shock in the mail today and i love it! from what i have been reading everyone seems really cool and friendly! yes, my first g is a, GD100-MS-3, i love it. the olive drab green looks amazing. and the size is perfect. and the inverted display is sooo cool. 2401

zachxattack86
2012-03-16, 18:46
New to the forums. But I have been wearing G-shocks for about 7 years now. Got my first one as a birthday present and have loves them every since. Currently I am rocking the GA100-1A1 | Ana-Digi All Black. And I love this watch to death.

fcrbee
2012-03-16, 19:03
i am new here. i got myself the first G-shock (black DW5600) when i was 13. and cant stop throughout these years = =
wearing Riseman recently~ love my watches:encouragement: