GD-350-1B: Disabling the audible while keeping the flashing alarm?

m1ckDELTA

SOLVED: GD-350-1B: Disabling the audible while keeping the flashing alarm?

Can it be this simple...

I saw the same configuration as shown in this video (at 2:07) in my Rangeman, that sort of lever spring raised at an angle to touch the backplate. Can it be this easy???

[video=youtube_share;eAk8r4fu9y4]https://youtu.be/eAk8r4fu9y4?t=42s[/video]

If the flash and the piezo are wired in series then it won't work. I'm inclined to think the vibe alert is wired in parallel which would allow it to be disabled via a single push of a function button but that the flash and piezo are wired in series so another single button push can disable both simultaneously . It would make sense from an economic and engineering perspective due to cost on the one hand and physical space within the case on the other. Breaking the circuit on the piezo will probably be breaking the circuit on the flash.

The appearance of stealth is one thing but actually being stealthy appears to be quite another in this case (no pun intended). I understand having the vibe separate but the combination of a combined audible and visual alert seem redundant to me.

SOLVED

A piece of tape over just the coiled spring does the trick. It also worked when I covered both the coiled and leaf spring but covering only the coiled one does the trick. Makes me wonder what the leaf spring does. So, I have two stealthy alarm choices now.

So the GD350-B is a keeper (was going to be anyway since I opened it up).