Anyone used these?

macspite

They certainly seem to be an establishment that boasts large plate glass windows - they can certainly see you coming :) Best thing to do with any watch you fancy is to google the model number - Casio GW-3000B-1AER as a not quite random example. This was a watch I spent a fair amount of time researching prior to buying as it was my first G-Shock for maybe 18 years.

googled gw-3000.jpg

The results allowed me to compare prices and vendors from amazon then find reviews. I also looked on eBay to see what the sellers prices were - always factoring in the p+p of course, it can vary from FREE to excessively expensive. Many of the stores have customer comments rating their service as well, always useful. In the end I bought from TikTox who also do a good line in spare bezels and straps, a decent firm to deal with as well as offering a good discount. Limited range though.

Of course, when the watch arrived it seemed too good for everyday wear so I got a cheap solar atomic new off eBay as a daily driver. My google research also pointed me in the direction of various watch forums, some vast, some very US-centric and one which seemed to fit my needs ...

It's worth considering buying from the reputable vendors from abroad - we can always tell you if they are good or bad. I have had good value and excellent service for both new and used G-Shocks from sellers in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany and Israel as well as the UK, the only disappointment in time taken to arrive was a new black and gold hypercomplex from the States.

Ah, yes - buy a G-Shock, then one to save the "nice" one from daily damage and soon you find yourself with 41 of them with the obligatory one in the post. My dressing decisons are easy - black for office, orange hi-viz for site, ex-army gear for weekends. But I have the fun each day of deciding which watch wants to leave the shelf for the day's trip out ...

seanobsdot

@ rutegger -this site has watches that ive fatasized about like the camos what do you think a fair price for a camo 6900 is?

rutteger

Administrator
@ rutegger -this site has watches that ive fatasized about like the camos what do you think a fair price for a camo 6900 is?

Tough question.

You after a DW-6900MC 'Jamin Colors' like the DW-6900MC-7

DW-6900MC-7.jpg

Or the latter DW-6900JC 'Jamin Colors' like the DW-6900JC-2 on bodying?

DW-6900JC-2.jpg

Not sure as it matters either way. The bodying price is strong but given these are out of production perhaps not ridiculous. Had a quick on some other sales boards and USD$100 looks to be about the price a NOS or VGC one goes for.

One alternative might be to buy a camo bezel and strap from this chap > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-Watch...ultDomain_0&hash=item43a96f7273#ht_500wt_1361 . Used him before, US based, very good. Dunno if he has the straps though...

Another might be to see if you could get a custom dytac DW-6900 like this dw-5600

$(KGrHqEOKkME1qKbRUyKBNp+MloPsQ~~_3.JPG

seanobsdot

@rutteger-yeah i like the 6900mc-7 better that the 6900jc-2 but... i would buy either of them. i never knew you could get a custom camo if you can let me know where i could maybe pursue a custom one that would be cool. i like them due to the fact that not one of them is the same meaning the camo patterns on the bands and bezels are different on each watch or is that just a myth? messaged that guy selling the camo bezel its only the bezel no straps. thanks for the info but let me know about the dytac you spoke about?

rutteger

Administrator
It'll probably be the same as my girlfriends white Baby-G and rub off after a fairly short time

Assume it's a camo one? Yeah would want someone else to try the dytac ones first to test the longevity of the camo finish....

BoroGTI

No just a plain white Baby-G, BGD-102-7ER. It has been worn daily for just under 2 years and the straps gone a bit blue and the bezel has lost a lot of its white and just reveals the naked resin....and the battery has just gone:( im guessing the white comes off the G's aswell?