New Arrival unboxing

rutteger

Administrator
One from two arrived today. Courier rang the bell at 7am, delivered the watch and slightly oddly advised "it's nearly f***ing Christmas".

IMG_20111202_145851.jpg
IMG_20111202_150044.jpg
IMG_20111202_150011.jpg
IMG_20111202_150101.jpg
Can you see what it is yet?
IMG_20111202_150152.jpg

It is of course a GX-56-1 and it is BIG. Almost comically so, makes a 200 series Frog look svelte and a 9200 Riseman look undersized. Second King I've had, going to give this one some decent wrist time.

Bubbly Tubs

Thats very nice. Kings are awesome, and for me just about the right size.
I was trying Tissot's on yesterday and they all seemed so small.
Congrats on having two of them, but doesn't Christmas make some reference to there being three kings?

rutteger

Administrator
Thats very nice. Kings are awesome, and for me just about the right size.
I was trying Tissot's on yesterday and they all seemed so small.
Congrats on having two of them, but doesn't Christmas make some reference to there being three kings?

Cheers :D Think I need to wear it to get used to the size. Can imagine more or less anything is small next to a King. Sadly the first GX-56 I owned had to go in a previous cull.

BoroGTI

i've just purchased a 56 in orange, i was a bit unsure when i first put it on to be honest, like was said above it seemed comically big but after a week of wearing it im getting used to it. Top quality watch though

rutteger

Administrator
i've just purchased a 56 in orange, i was a bit unsure when i first put it on to be honest, like was said above it seemed comically big but after a week of wearing it im getting used to it. Top quality watch though

Yeah, great G for sure. Bet the Orange looks even BIGGER in daily wear :D