WRUW : 5th Dec -> 11th Dec

rutteger

Administrator
Started the week with the original '3 eyed' G-shock, DW-5900.

IMG_20111205_115735.jpg

SAdly lack of EL = Lack of wear.

macspite

Working at Victoria so nothing fancy:

IMG_2089.jpg

DW-002J-1 - simple and uncluttered but unfortunately resin rot is beginning to take a hold.

macspite

If I hadn't already got one I would be interested, nice watches (for a square that is!). Also I have been far too extravagant and have three, possibly four in the post from various places ...

Second day at Victoria, different job. Expecting to meet a load of suits from Southern so wore my GW-1400DJ-1A.

IMG_2106.jpg

They didn't show but I ended up talking to the union rep then going for a ride in one of the Network Rail buggies. Also cut my head open on a sharp edge in one of the machines so the day wasn't totally wasted :cheerful:

macspite

Wednesday - DLR. Only person I needed to impress was myself (and anyone on the train who looked at me) so wore my Riseman - DW-9100BJ-1B

IMG_2117.jpg

Great fun in the tube watching the pressure changes and swallowing to clear my ears. Very pleasant day but a biting cold wind. Went back to the DLR canteen for a lunchtime vegetable biryani to warm up

IMG_2122.jpg

macspite

Working at home today so was able to listen out for the postman. Nothing exciting, just a letter from ParcelFarce telling me they had a damaged box for me but they thought the contents were ok.

IMG_2124.jpg

Otherwise it's been quite an interesting day. Bought a new car for work rather than spend too much money getting my old smoker through an MoT on Monday. Got a whole raft of paperwork to complete with the Network Rail logo on it - days of fun to come. Drove new car to examine damaged parcel and then went to an astronomical observatory to get soaked in the lashing rain, see no stars - but a couple of excellent telescopes and listen to a good, basic lecture on some of the wonders of our galaxy.

And got asked whether this had come out of a cracker - no, it came out of the parcel!

IMG_2132.jpg

Sorry about colour quality - nasty low power artificial light!

rutteger

Administrator
Ouch, what did they do with the box, drive over it!

Good to see you scored the G-001, where did you get it from in the end? Certainly looks eye popping.

Good (or is it bad?) news on the new car, what did you go for?

macspite

It was Parcel Farce - enuff said! I have done agency work for them in the past so it was probably a mid-morning game of football ...

Got it from kickz.com/uk who sell watches as accessories to their main business of shoes and clothes. Watch came from parent company in Germany, would have been a quick delivery if they had used a reputable courier.

Car was a whole £500 which is expensive for me. A Vauxhall Omega estate with most of the luxury options, 6 months tax and 8 months MoT. And now (05:30) it's time to go to work :(