WRUW : 12th to 18th December

macspite

My turn to start off the week. Just had the postman at the door with a jiffy bag for me with the watch I bought off eBay on 26th November inside. That's 15 clear days, partly explained by the seller getting my money (I normally pay by PayPal immediately after winning an item) and then relisting the watch - which sold! I had spotted the relisting and sent several mails asking what was going on, took eight days to get a reply. The vendor won't be going on my favourites list ...

Was it worth it?

IMG_2150.jpg

One of the 6600 family - A DW-6630B with roo bars and typical generous backlight, in this instance with a subtle "G" in yellow:

IMG_2159.jpg

Now waiting for my parcel from California with my Christmas present to myself inside :cool:

rutteger

Administrator
:mad: pretty poor behaviour. Did he / she give an excuse? At leat you got the G and a fine one it is too, resin looks nice 'n' clean :D

Look forward to seeing what comes from California ;)

Gone for the DW-6900 today, not feeling very creative when choosing.

IMG_20111212_115237.jpg

macspite

:mad: pretty poor behaviour. Did he / she give an excuse? At leat you got the G and a fine one it is too, resin looks nice 'n' clean :D

This is the explanation "Hi There..yeh i did make the mistake of selling watch twice but refunded the other winning bidder.Your watch was posted yesterday so you should receive it in next day or two,hope you enjoy..."

I'm happy with the watch though, resin seems fine and the paint on the roo bars is all there. Back looks clean without too much wear.

Look forward to seeing what comes from California ;)

So am I looking forward, that's the problem with buying from abroad though I have been impressed with the speed of delivery from Japan and Hong Kong.

Gone for the DW-6900 today, not feeling very creative when choosing.

Sometimes the easiest choice is the daily driver, my GW-500U fulfills that role when I am in too much of a hurry to choose or if the job is likely to involve manual labour. Nice to see a classic, non-collab or bright colour DW-6900 - must be getting quite rare!

rutteger

Administrator
Nice explanation, wonder how you sell twice by mistake :rolleyes:

A lot to be said for the vanilla DW-6900 sometimes ;)

Today went with the DW-5200.

IMG_20111213_101126.jpg

Good to have the half hourly chime. Interesting to see the resin had started to 'rot' slightly, had to give it a wipe off before wear.

macspite

Muddy.

Long drive to Norwich and back with a bit of stainless steel to fit that I insisted was the wrong bit. Guess who was right! Also had black "Tickets" lettering to replace the blue lettering on the ticket flap of the machine I was working on. My request to take an already lettered flap was turned down.

Got to the station to discover the existing flap has a large crack in it ...

Just before leaving Norwich Station:

IMG_2176.jpg

Just after getting home:

IMG_2187.jpg

That's the Dual Illuminator for you! G-9000-3V

macspite

Beginning to feel the cold so wore a woolly pully today, Glad I did because of a nasty lazy wind (can't be bothered to go around you, just goes straight through). Working in Docklands on the DLR. This is me crossing Tower Bridge on the way to Poplar, camera wouldn't co-operate until I was almost across.

IMG_2200.jpg

Wore my ex-Israeli Defence Force DW-2500