PDA

View Full Version : WRUW : 12th to 18th December

macspite
2011-12-12, 09:49
My turn to start off the week. Just had the postman at the door with a jiffy bag for me with the watch I bought off eBay on 26th November inside. That's 15 clear days, partly explained by the seller getting my money (I normally pay by PayPal immediately after winning an item) and then relisting the watch - which sold! I had spotted the relisting and sent several mails asking what was going on, took eight days to get a reply. The vendor won't be going on my favourites list ...

Was it worth it?

One of the 6600 family - A DW-6630B with roo bars and typical generous backlight, in this instance with a subtle "G" in yellow:

Now waiting for my parcel from California with my Christmas present to myself inside :cool:

rutteger
2011-12-12, 10:56
:mad: pretty poor behaviour. Did he / she give an excuse? At leat you got the G and a fine one it is too, resin looks nice 'n' clean :D

Look forward to seeing what comes from California ;)

Gone for the DW-6900 today, not feeling very creative when choosing.

macspite
2011-12-12, 12:40
:mad: pretty poor behaviour. Did he / she give an excuse? At leat you got the G and a fine one it is too, resin looks nice 'n' clean :D

This is the explanation "Hi There..yeh i did make the mistake of selling watch twice but refunded the other winning bidder.Your watch was posted yesterday so you should receive it in next day or two,hope you enjoy..."

I'm happy with the watch though, resin seems fine and the paint on the roo bars is all there. Back looks clean without too much wear.

Look forward to seeing what comes from California ;)

So am I looking forward, that's the problem with buying from abroad though I have been impressed with the speed of delivery from Japan and Hong Kong.

Gone for the DW-6900 today, not feeling very creative when choosing.

Sometimes the easiest choice is the daily driver, my GW-500U fulfills that role when I am in too much of a hurry to choose or if the job is likely to involve manual labour. Nice to see a classic, non-collab or bright colour DW-6900 - must be getting quite rare!

rutteger
2011-12-13, 09:19
Nice explanation, wonder how you sell twice by mistake :rolleyes:

A lot to be said for the vanilla DW-6900 sometimes ;)

Today went with the DW-5200.

Good to have the half hourly chime. Interesting to see the resin had started to 'rot' slightly, had to give it a wipe off before wear.

gshockpete
2011-12-13, 10:54
Gw2310.

macspite
2011-12-13, 20:16
Muddy.

Long drive to Norwich and back with a bit of stainless steel to fit that I insisted was the wrong bit. Guess who was right! Also had black "Tickets" lettering to replace the blue lettering on the ticket flap of the machine I was working on. My request to take an already lettered flap was turned down.

Got to the station to discover the existing flap has a large crack in it ...

Just before leaving Norwich Station:

Just after getting home:

That's the Dual Illuminator for you! G-9000-3V

macspite
2011-12-14, 14:11
Non-Shock PRT-30

gshockpete
2011-12-15, 08:17
No Casio or G today.

rutteger
2011-12-15, 10:55
@macspite - bit of a trek!

Anyhow gone with the DW-5025 today.

macspite
2011-12-15, 19:37
Beginning to feel the cold so wore a woolly pully today, Glad I did because of a nasty lazy wind (can't be bothered to go around you, just goes straight through). Working in Docklands on the DLR. This is me crossing Tower Bridge on the way to Poplar, camera wouldn't co-operate until I was almost across.

Wore my ex-Israeli Defence Force DW-2500

gshockpete
2011-12-16, 13:24
that woolly pully sure looks warm!

My fave G at the moment - not sure why though...

GW2310

macspite
2011-12-16, 14:03
Tough Solar, easy to read, nice uncomplicated piece of kit - what's not to like? :)

Needed something warm like the woolly today - 2 degrees and clear when I got up (at 0300 :( ) Snowing around Royston and Baldock, one degree in Norwich at 0700. Doors to the station wide open and a wind tunnel effect to the open platforms. I had to work where the draught seemed worst ...

2 degrees and sleet when I left at 1015, a massive 5 degrees and sunshine back here on the South coast.

Took this with me:

AW591MS-1A

rutteger
2011-12-16, 15:38
@pete - is the GW2310 a screwback?

@macspite it looks cold. Very cold.

Gone with the King here today. Meeting with two lots of former colleagues for Christmas drinks yesterday has left me feeling not very regal though.

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-17, 06:40
Hi Guys, been pretty busy with work and stuff so not posted for a few days. Had a mad day yesterday resulting in multiple purchases, well it is Christmas.
I started the day off with this,

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/Bubbly_Tubs/49436aa9.jpg

And rounded out the day with this,

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/jrbandgem/bf6fb6b0.jpg

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-17, 11:30
That Grey series Muddie is looking very nice, and welcome to the Zone

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-17, 11:41
I think they are glass as opposed to most other G's but I don't think they are sapphire. Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

rutteger
2011-12-17, 13:48
Two strong choices there chaps :D

Where did you pick up the Dee & Ricky from Bubbly Tubs? GSE?

Gone with the Gulfman today. No way of checking the tide graph again.

Out this evening in smart attire, need to decide on a G or Seiko. Hmm.

macspite
2011-12-17, 14:44
Go for a nice colourful G!

seanobsdot
2011-12-17, 14:48
@bubbly tubs/strongblackcoffee- the crystal on the g shocks if im correct is a mineral crystal in the watch world they call it mineral glass. its basically impossible to tell the difference between sapphire crystal and mineral crystal. so they both have the same abilitys but the mineral crystal is cheaper to make.

macspite
2011-12-17, 16:24
Limited edition DW-6600RS-1 today:

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-17, 16:25
It was from GSE, obviously there was some other purchases too, will try and filter them into WRUW thread. Until then here's a pic I took from the shop yesterday.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/jrbandgem/c59f00ba.jpg

macspite
2011-12-18, 14:51
@ Bubbly Tubs - very nice. Did you buy all ten? :rolleyes: Anyway, I hold you responsible for an eighty quid hole in my wallet! It was you who said that this would be an ideal addition to a collection:

Picked it up from the post office yesterday and started to play with it last night. I was never overly keen on the model with its odd shaped eye but now I have tried it on the wrist I think it is great. Amazing feature set too, still exploring the manual. Eighty quid well spent!

skidzz
2011-12-18, 14:53
Finally got myself a Limited edition G shock!1206

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-18, 16:35
@ macspite, That's well funny. But it is a very nice watch. It does more than you initially think. It's the only G I know with a metal keeper, and they don't come up that often.

macspite
2011-12-18, 19:52
I have seen metal keepers on some ICERC frogs - with a dolphin cut out. Certainly more durable than the standard resin keepers which are prone to coming apart. Casio, of course, do not supply keepers, only complete straps.

I have a source of wholesale watch straps and if anyone wants Casio style straps complete just to replace the rotted keeper on their own watch let me know and I will try to get enough orders to make it worth the postage on a parcel from the wholesalers. The range of stuff they sell is at http://www.lbslondon.co.uk but you need a trade account to view the prices.

They have a full range of straps and batteries which could be of interest

I'm not a trader but for purposes of getting paid as a contractor I have my own limited company which allows me to register on sites like this. Just hope Mr Moderator Rutteger doesn't spot this and kick me off site for blatant advertising :devilish:

rutteger
2011-12-18, 20:44
Go for a nice colourful G!

Went with this in the end

Rarely gets any wear so feel I ought to use it when the occasion allows. The raised exposed crystal and the fact it's older than I am means I'm a little more cautious than with any G.

Put things right today and dug out the Dw-5600C.

rutteger
2011-12-18, 20:47
@macspite - Nice modded DW-6600 as seen on skiddz thread. What does RS stand for ;) ? What is the model # of the new green watch?

@Bubbly Tubs - Guess GSE is a given although it might've been GSW ;) Look at that box of ten! Did you ask how many they got in?

@skiddz - Frog is looking great, nice choice for your first limited edition :D

macspite
2011-12-18, 21:05
RS = my initials therefore DW-6600RS-1 is the first modded G that I have tried, in a currently very limited edition. Must see if I can get 1/1 engraved on the back. No doubt there will be a host of cheap Chinese imitations on eBay before the year is out. The genuine article is available from me at a very reasonable 450.00 :cool:

Might change the name to FW-6600 for FrankenWatch ...

As for the green watch - it's a G-7710KRT-3. Great for Christmas as the alarm or timer signal is both sound and flashing green and red LEDs! Set both timers to a few seconds each and you have a continuous light show. Variable contrast display gives really crisp digits, one of the most legible G's I have seen.

As you can tell I am very pleased that Mr. Tubs led me into temptation!

Bubbly Tubs
2011-12-18, 21:05
@ rutteger, they had 50 which you can see the boxes of stacked up in the pic. At one point I was helping them set up and had all 50 in my arms, I did jest about doing a bunk with em ha ha

rutteger
2011-12-18, 21:27
I have a source of wholesale watch straps and if anyone wants Casio style straps complete just to replace the rotted keeper on their own watch let me know and I will try to get enough orders to make it worth the postage on a parcel from the wholesalers. The range of stuff they sell is at http://www.lbslondon.co.uk but you need a trade account to view the prices.

They have a full range of straps and batteries which could be of interest

I'm not a trader but for purposes of getting paid as a contractor I have my own limited company which allows me to register on sites like this. Just hope Mr Moderator Rutteger doesn't spot this and kick me off site for blatant advertising :devilish:

No problem with you offering stuff through the site, sure it'd be of interest to many. I'd be keen on a few keepers if nothing else, also batteries depending on cost :D

rutteger
2011-12-18, 21:34
RS = my initials therefore DW-6600RS-1 is the first modded G that I have tried, in a currently very limited edition. Must see if I can get 1/1 engraved on the back. No doubt there will be a host of cheap Chinese imitations on eBay before the year is out. The genuine article is available from me at a very reasonable 450.00 :cool:

Might change the name to FW-6600 for FrankenWatch ...

As for the green watch - it's a G-7710KRT-3. Great for Christmas as the alarm or timer signal is both sound and flashing green and red LEDs! Set both timers to a few seconds each and you have a continuous light show. Variable contrast display gives really crisp digits, one of the most legible G's I have seen.

As you can tell I am very pleased that Mr. Tubs led me into temptation!

Ah, I see. Does the macspite x G-Shock DW-6600RS also have a custom caseback and packaging ;)?

Will have to look at these G-7700s :D

@ rutteger, they had 50 which you can see the boxes of stacked up in the pic. At one point I was helping them set up and had all 50 in my arms, I did jest about doing a bunk with em ha ha

Lol, sure they would've appreciated that ;) Plenty on the 'Bay already in the UK, assume from the GSE stock like these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-Shock-Dee-Ricky-Watch-Limited-Edition-GA-111DR-7AER-White-Hypercomplex-/280792480458?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWa tches_GL&hash=item4160893aca#ht_5456wt_1344). Bit of a shame imho when stock like this is bought by scalpers to resell at a profit to the real collectors / fans. Suppose the same happens with concert tickets and many other desireable items, hey ho.

skidzz
2011-12-18, 21:59
thanks,happy holidays to everyone!

macspite
2011-12-18, 22:00
Ah, I see. Does the macspite x G-Shock DW-6600RS also have a custom caseback and packaging ;)?

For 450.00 it certainly will, soon as I can get a small, circular sticky label and wash out a margarine tub. Beware of cheap imitations!

gshockpete
2011-12-19, 09:11
@pete - is the GW2310 a screwback?