WRUW : 9th Jan - 15th Jan

rutteger

Administrator
No big surprises today, gone with the GW-9300 Mudman :cool:

IMG_20120106_112221.jpg

macspite

Nice! How does it feel after the first full day's wear? Compared to a King how big is it?

More pics please!

macspite

Got home this evening after a day on the DLR and happy in the news that one of the stations I will need to visit is Tower Gateway which is fairly close to Brick Lane. So the plan is to go there complete with my company debit card, sadly depleted after paying this quarter's VAT. Should be enough on it though to pick up any bargains that are lying around with the express purpose of selling on - cost plus postage to forum members, outlandish buy-it-nows on eBay.

Anyway, on my doorstep was an Amazon box.

So this is what I was wearing when I faced the agonising choice - do I make a cup of tea or do I open the box first?

20120109_172833.jpg
DW-9500

So let's open the box, delivered from Amazon today, only ordered on Saturday:

20120109_172715.jpg

Hmm, is that Kawasaki Green? Surely not ...

20120109_173000.jpg

No wee casket for it so it's not a G-7710. What kind of KRT is it? Is it really a KRT?

20120109_173052.jpg

AAAARRGH! IT'S A TIMEX!

I'll get me coat ...

£21 quid inc p+p from Amazon

rutteger

Administrator
Nice! How does it feel after the first full day's wear? Compared to a King how big is it?

More pics please!

Yeah, tis alright ;) Still more than happy after a days wear, really need to do a proper review on this one for the front page. Compared to the King it isn't too dissimilar, perhaps slightly smaller especially because the case is more rounded. However it wear far smaller and is a far snugger fit - think the King is big to make statement whereas this is big to fit everything in.

More (questionable) pics on the unboxing thread here. Also snapped this today

IMG_3393.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
AAAARRGH! IT'S A TIMEX!

:cower:

Nah, that's pretty cool, be interesting to see how it stacks up size wise against a G-Shock. It looks a little smaller? Great colour though, think amazon have both green and yellow on sale currently. Remember a school friend having one back in the day - he was certainly a step above the rest with their Casio F-91s etc.

Bubbly Tubs

Both nice watches. But what did you get from GSE, and did they have any deals on?????

Sorry no pic from me, no watch today, I'm currently off work with some rare strain of man flu. But on the upside its given me time to trawl the interweb and I could resist it no longer. I now have a new G incoming :courage: but just don't tell the Mrs, I'm gonna try her approach of "what this old thing I've it years" ha ha

rutteger

Administrator
Sorry no pic from me, no watch today, I'm currently off work with some rare strain of man flu. But on the upside its given me time to trawl the interweb and I could resist it no longer. I now have a new G incoming :courage: but just don't tell the Mrs, I'm gonna try her approach of "what this old thing I've it years" ha ha

Ah, the man flu. Terrible :unconscious:

What do you have incoming? Sure it'll be something good :D Given most of my collection are black I also find it easy to add new models without them being noted ;)

Mudman needs a good charge (too many button presses and not enough SUN here in the UK) so went with the King today.

IMG_20120110_101218.jpg

Bubbly Tubs

This morning I was awoken by a mixture of doorbell and dog bark, but I was happy about this because it was;

b2086cb0.jpg

Now it could be either the non G I'm eagerly awaiting from the states or the G I won on eBay. Oh and on a side note I got my new buckle for my Swatch, direct from them and Free of charge. Now that is good customer service

rutteger

Administrator
Now it could be either the non G I'm eagerly awaiting from the states or the G I won on eBay. Oh and on a side note I got my new buckle for my Swatch, direct from them and Free of charge. Now that is good customer service

Good stuff, which was it - assume it's opened by now ;)

Good service from Swatch too.

macspite

@ Bubbly (They call me Mister Tubbs!) - what film is that I have just plagiarized?

Anyway, deep sympathy on the man flu, I know how debilitating it can be, especially when the women around keep telling you it is nothing. Not sure if the comment several replies above about GSE is about me but I am/was planning to go this week for a first visit and take my company debit card for exercise. Unfortunately there is a vehicle clamped shaped hole in my finances and I am not likely to get the money back for 28 days if at all - vehicle not displaying permit while I went to get a permit ... :mad-new: