WRUW : 16th Jan -> 22nd Jan

rutteger

Administrator
Nice and cold start to the week here in the UK. Gone for the GW-9200 Riseman.

IMG_20120116_093902.jpg

macspite

It's also Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year according to some scientists and journalists bored on a slow news day.

What better to cheer up my workmates than my new DW-6900SN-4ER?

A pink watch certainly gets noticed and, as I had a day to spend in the office it got noticed a lot. Drew attention away from my camo trousers and military tan pullover. The people at work are somewhat younger on average than my club members and of a more diverse background. Didn't stop the obvious question though.

And my answer? "No, but thanks for the offer ... "

rutteger

Administrator
Hope the pink G brought your colleagues some joy, for whatever reason ;)

1st generation Gulfman here today. Always useful to have the tide graph given I'm 120 miles from the sea.

IMG_20120117_102104.jpg

macspite

Been up country for the last couple of days giving East Anglia a good check over. Ended up in Colchester last night, quite a pleasant hotel - lot more character than a Premier Inn. Short cable on the kettle which is why in the photo below it is on the floor - wouldn't sit on the chest of drawers with the cups. Wore my DW-004V-2V so as to not frighten the natives.

20120117_192628.jpg

Exciting when I got home - one parcel at the local post office dropped off by ParcelFarce and one at the sorting office - my eagerly awaited package from Austria

Here's what ParcelFarce delivered:

20120118_150749.jpg

It's the genuine article as can be seen by the engraving on the back:

20120118_150923-1.jpg

And under a tenner including £3.50 postage!

The Austrian parcel was serious money. Well packed and I am very happy with the contents. I like it when a vendor uses balled newspaper to cushion the wrapped up watches, gives me an insight into their local activities.

20120118_151338.jpg

Pictures of watches over the next couple of days though they are too nice to be worn!

rutteger

Administrator
East Angular you say? hope it found you well ;)

The M & S Riseman SPUT special! What are your plans? Serious modding project? What a shocker, is it as bad as it looks? Worse thing is probably 90% of people wouldn't note any difference between that and the real thing....

Looking forward to seeing what the austrian parcel contains, hurry up and get some pics up :cool:

macspite

I am wearing the S&M special as I type. In its favour it has a strong hour signal. I will probably pull it apart and see what makes it tick as it were and possibly use it as a modding practice piece. If nothing else I have an overpriced 2 hole strap. I wonder if the module will fit in my fake frog?

There are a few Gs that I am not keen on, this style of Riseman is one, along with the GA-100, the Bape x DW-6900 and the G-7900. The simple reason is that they have been so heavily and badly copied by the fakers that they have been devalued in my eyes.

rutteger

Administrator
There are a few Gs that I am not keen on, this style of Riseman is one, along with the GA-100, the Bape x DW-6900 and the G-7900. The simple reason is that they have been so heavily and badly copied by the fakers that they have been devalued in my eyes.

I'm with you on the BAPE. Have you tried a Riseman? They aren't faked anything like as much as the BAPEs plus it is a pretty cool model!

macspite

@Mister Tubbs - you need pics, I need shuteye, scran and to finish this report on the 19 stations I visited yesterday and today which needs to be illustrated by the 121 photos wot I took. Pics will be forthcoming in the next couple of days ... :D

@rutteger - I have seen a LOT of fake Risemans, my RiS&Man is one of the better ones. I also have the earlier model which I think is far nicer to look at:

S5000672.jpg
(This is one I took earlier)