WRUW : 23rd Jan -> 29th Jan

rutteger

Administrator
As someone once sang "Welcome to the working week". Gone for the GW-9300 to kick things off.

IMG_20120123_095456.jpg

macspite

How nice to start the week off with a song!

"They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad
They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad
Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me
Lord have mercy, my heart's in misery
Crazy about my baby, yes, send her back to me"

So now we are all cheered up :D here is my start of the week:

20120123_160034.jpg

I went roaring through the west wing calling for the housekeeper so that I could berate her for allowing one of the maids to neglect the dusting to the extent seen on the face of this watch before realising that I had not only been in my friends workshop but cutting MDF on a saw bench. Still it's good to gee up one's servants occasionally, stops them becoming complacent and lazy.

I bought this watch new, as a cheapie with the intention of it being a sacrificial object - to be used and abused in favour of other, better looking items. Having said that this is growing on me, easy to read, comfortable on my wrist, solar atomic with a good auto backlight - ideal for dark mornings:

20120123_160148.jpg

macspite

Even beaters start off new. Give it time, this has only 5 months on the clock and has probably been worn no more than 20 times ...

rutteger

Administrator
Even beaters start off new. Give it time, this has only 5 months on the clock and has probably been worn no more than 20 times ...

True.

Gone for the incoming DW-6900CS-7 today

IMG_20120124_095715.jpg

Bought off eBay with a questionable photo sunday afternoon, arrived at my door today. Good stuff.

macspite

Good buy - always a worry when you only have an iffy photo to judge condition on. Looks like your gamble paid off, was it cheap because of the picture?

Working from home today, too lazy to change watches, still wearing my GW-500. As you can see from the picture I am really working very hard ...

20120124_165526.jpg

Damn the internet! Now have four watches coming over from the States!

rutteger

Administrator
Good buy - always a worry when you only have an iffy photo to judge condition on. Looks like your gamble paid off, was it cheap because of the picture?

It was £32.50 BIN so hardly mega cheap but an OK price for a more or less as new DW-6900. The picture wasn't great and I completed the transaction on my mobile so I could make even less out...

Damn the internet! Now have four watches coming over from the States!

Good stuff, anything interesting? Did you ever post up your Austrian Casio oddity?

macspite

Good stuff, anything interesting? Did you ever post up your Austrian Casio oddity?

Austrian oddity is being a slight disappointment as one function isn't working, trying surgery on it in between work breaks. Anything interesting - well, obviously to me but I will post pix when they arrive.

Working tonight at Gatwick - GW-1400DJ-1A stood up well to the vibes from an SDS drill - 40 22mmx200 holes in concrete.

20120125_214815.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Austrian oddity is being a slight disappointment as one function isn't working, trying surgery on it in between work breaks. Anything interesting - well, obviously to me but I will post pix when they arrive.

Working tonight at Gatwick - GW-1400DJ-1A stood up well to the vibes from an SDS drill - 40 22mmx200 holes in concrete.

Bad news the oddity isn't 100% working. Although good to know the GW-1400 is SDS proof ;)

Gone for the G-5500 here today

IMG_3425.jpg