Need help locating my next watch. TIA.

TZA

Im looking for a GW-9300GY 1JF, with carbon strap.

I live in CA, U.S.A. Seems like I've called every retailer I can think of trying to locate this watch...either they don't have it in stock or don't know what it is :confused: what's the dealio? is this watch on backorder or is there a delay in production/shipment?

Any ideas from anybody? I've looked online also but am a little hesitant because of the price. I hate to get ripped off or sold a fake by someone or company posting stock pics. so, ideally I'd like to purchase from an AD.

I guess I'll be patient. but I really would like this watch ASAP :very_drunk:

thanks for any advice, ideas or suggestions in advance. I'll let you all know how my search ends.

rutteger

Administrator
Had a quick look and can't see any US retailers with stock. Have read elsewhere the GW-9300 wasn't getting a US release at this time, back up by the Casio USA website listing the G-9300 and not GW-9300 > http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/G-Shock/ . Not sure why or whether this will change over time.

With this in mind probably your best chance is to pick one up from overseas from a recommended seller. Started putting together a list in the wiki of Where to buy G-Shock with such recommended sellers. Forum member Olivier picked up a GW-9300GY from joynetmall in Japan, check his thread here > http://www.g-shockzone.com/showthread.php?743-GW-9300GY-1JF-received&highlight=olivier .

TZA

thanks gentleman for the info/advice.

i did read your thread about your pickup, Olivier. thanks for the great pics. thats just what i might have to do. order from overseas.

as always, thanks rutteger for the info. i called a tourneau store in san jose last week, the rep guy told me he was going to call his casio rep to find out any info. this AM i got a call back from the tourneau rep guy. told me the casio rep had no idea what the GW-9300 was and didnt even have it in their system. they only listed the G-9300. so that pretty much sums up the fact that US retailers dont have this particular model. boo.

quick question guys...

im looking at the joynetmall.com/shop website above, why is the GW-9300GY almost $80 more than the GB?

rutteger

Administrator
Let us know what you decide.

Always tricky to know exactly which model is officially available via Casio in which country. Although fortunately the internet makes everything more or less available to everyone. It does seem odd Casio aren't bringing the GW-9300 into the US.

The only difference between the GW-9300GY 'Men in Smoky Gray' and GW-9300GB Black x Gold is the color so guess the reason must be supply / demand / polpularity. Althougth the 'Men In Series' normally do seem to command a slight premium. Looks like about the best price on eBay for the GW-9300GY is USD$445 and for the GW-9300GB is USD$380 so the prices are higher everywhere.

Olivier

I also think all model will not be produced in the same quantity. The main model (GW-9300-1JF) should be easier to find than black displayed ones (GB & GY)...
GW-9300GB and GY models might be real collectors :encouragement:

TZA

thanks for the quick replies and answers, rutteger and Olivier!

I'll keep you guys posted.