Does casio make a military style watch with titanium case?

sianlaser

I have seen a couple that say that the case is titanium, then I find another place that says its not. I just want a military style casio that has as much titanium on the watch itself (not the band) as possible. As I do a lot of work in salt water.

The PAW1500T-7V Pathfinder was perfect, until I read somewhere that the case is resin and not titanium...

rutteger

Administrator
If you want an all titanium G-Shock your best bet is probably the GW-200 Frogman - this is an older model but is still readily available new and used. Your best bet is probably eBay, check our auction watch to see GW-200 Frogman listed on eBay. This model has a titanium case, titanium screwback and resin band and bezel. The GW-200MS 'Men in Rusty Black' Frogman is a military styled model although there are plenty of others which would probably suit. The Frogman is a big chunky watch so might be good to try one first if you can - not sure if the bulk will be a good or bad thing for you.

GW-200MS-1.jpg
G-Shock GW-200MS Frogman

The newer GWF-1000 Frogman has a stainless case and screwback.

You could also look at the Gulfman range which consists of the G-9100 and GW-9110. These are Casio's 'marine' G-shocks, both feature a tide graph along with a titanium case back. However both have resin cases if this is an issue for you.

casio-gshock-g9100-1.jpg
G-Shock G-9100 Gulfman

sianlaser

Will do. I really like some of the pathfinders. Are they are strong as the G-shocks? I know G-shocks are legendary for their toughness. Do the pathfinders fall under those?

rutteger

Administrator
The Pathfinders are cool indeed, some are pretty large though. They are not as tough as the G-shocks nor do they fall under the G-shock range. However whether in real life a pathfinder will be tough enough depends on exactly what you're doing.