Article: G-Shock DW-6930BS-8 30th Anniversary coming May 2013

fwupow

This is an after though mistake correction G-Shock

That case was originally intended for the DW-5030C "Resist Black" of April 19th. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am of that.

The DW-5030C was shipped in a cheap paper box. The very cheapest of all G-Shock packaging. That is a severe and ignominious break with tradition. I can only conclude that something went horribly awry. I do not want to think that some sort of "new-blood" has taken over at G-Shock and has so little respect for tradition and heritage that they would sully and shame the prestige of the original DW-5000 by choosing to ship the 30th Anniversary edition of it in a cheap paper box.

Something went terribly wrong and the chest-style cases were not ready in time to ship out with the DW-5030C, so now CASIO produces this late-comer after-thought single (not part of any collection) DW-6930 only so that they can get rid of the bare aluminum cases that were most likely supposed to have been colorized black & copper but never made it through that stage of production.

This is only my theory since I don't have an information source inside CASIO, but it sure makes a lot of sense when you look at all the signs.

rutteger

Administrator
Interesting theory for sure, as with everything Casio I doubt we'll ever know their truth / reasoning.

In some ways think the silver G-Shock DW-6930BS-8 with matching medal and packaging does seem a logical way to round off the G-shock 30th anniversary releases (but there will possibly be more in June). Equally the super basic packaging on the Resist Black set seems very odd, especially when the earlier releases at least had tins. Surprised Casio didn't go for the custom trunks like the 25th releases for JDM, sure they could've charged an extra few yen without issue...