Collections?

Stu65

Hi guys,

Before I started collecting G Shocks I was an avid collector of mechanical watches from Rolex to Orient and still have a fair few pieces so I was wondering if anyone else collected mechanical watches or collected something else?

Stu.

mitsudriver

I'm just like you, Stu. Automatics first, then g-shocks. But no Rolexes for me. I've got two kids to send to college ;)

rutteger

Administrator
I'm actually the opposite, I started getting into mechanicals after collecting g-shocks...lol. ;)

Sounds familiar. Collecting G-Shock and Casio got me into watches in general, although only have a couple of mechanical Seikos in addition to the Casios.

Also collect bikes, take up a bit more room than the watches ;)

chrisek

Sounds familiar. I used to race road/mtb/velodrome/'cross at high US level in the 90's and had 10-20 bikes at any given time.
Now i only have 4 bmx bikes and 1 mtb. My wife also used to compete and is down to 1 road, 2 mtb, townie, and a fixie (my old teammate's track bike). We really don't have a lot of room for any other bikes at this time (she wants a new road and mtb).
Just sharing.

rutteger

Administrator
Sounds familiar. I used to race road/mtb/velodrome/'cross at high US level in the 90's and had 10-20 bikes at any given time.
Now i only have 4 bmx bikes and 1 mtb. My wife also used to compete and is down to 1 road, 2 mtb, townie, and a fixie (my old teammate's track bike). We really don't have a lot of room for any other bikes at this time (she wants a new road and mtb).
Just sharing.

Nice, does sound familiar apart from the racing bit. What sort of thing do you / did you have ?

Willylix

Sounds familiar. Collecting G-Shock and Casio got me into watches in general, although only have a couple of mechanical Seikos in addition to the Casios.

Also collect bikes, take up a bit more room than the watches ;)

wowzer!...collecting bikes must be pretty costly I would imagine. $$$

rutteger

Administrator
wowzer!...collecting bikes must be pretty costly I would imagine. $$$

It can be I guess, much like collecting watches :) Not got an enormous amount tied up in the bikes currently, far less than someone with a big collection of high end mechanicals that's for sure.

chrisek

Do you mean bikes i/we currently have or did? We've been through quite a few! I used to go through frames every 6mos. :banghead: