Interesting watch day

chrisek

Yesterday was one of those days that help me re-focus my hobby. I started off with a Red Bull edifice (EQS-A500RB)

uploadfromtaptalk1358040729074.jpg

Normally I'm G-Shock only but got this on a whim. Had been considering collecting other Red Bulls, and even justifying it in my mind. Needless to say i banged a metal pole with my wrist (the band fortunately) and that nicely snipped the idea in the bud.

For some chores around the house i had switched it up:

uploadfromtaptalk1358040947452.jpg

My kind of "go to" watches the glx150's. In this case the "-2". I still enjoy the XL's a ton and have a couple of them on my list to get.

Funnily enough after i finished up with everything "honey, i forgot to tell you a package came today". Funny how that works :D. Love my wife!

My first surfrider foundation came in!

uploadfromtaptalk1358041195912.jpg

DW9000SR. I am beginning to like these 9000's quite a bit, especially in non-pristine condition for beater purposes :)

uploadfromtaptalk1358041379758.jpg

Unfortunately this is also my first watch with the dreaded resin-rot :(

uploadfromtaptalk1358041454811.jpg

Still a cool watch, but also means it will get used without a lot of concern.

uploadfromtaptalk1358041530926.jpg

I have been wondering where to draw the line to avoid this and it turns out that line is not easy to determine.

uploadfromtaptalk1358041620362.jpg

Surprisingly it didn't dampen my enthusiasm for these older g's :eek:

But i do need to start figuring out the whole "spare bezel and bands" gig.

rutteger

Administrator
The surfrider looks cool, shame it's got the rot. Although it does look like you might get away with light wear as you say. It is indeed tricky to know where to draw the line, was really keen on the 5300s a while back, it was my first retro G back in 07 or something. Wanted a couple of cleanish examples, ended up with about 5 or 6 in various states of decay to try and get a good band and bezel which wasn't rotten...