Who else loves a combi bracelet like me?

Ninja

20140111_091524.jpg20140111_091536.jpg20140111_091550.jpg

IMO the bracelet gives it more "class". Ideal for long sleeve shirts and where you are attending a meeting.

Sengyoku

+1 I think combi bracelets are the best thing since sliced bread :)

They are a great balance of durability, style and weight to compliment G-shocks...makes them better than full metal bracelets IMO.

2e4uja2y.jpg

Sent from the 'droid.

LUW

Every body raves about these bracelets, but I have yet to have one. When I got serious about Gs a few years ago I kind of focused on straps, and left bracelets for divers. Not that I don't think they're comfortable, but I got tired of fretting about one more thing on the watch to get scratched and dented.

Ninja

The bracelet is not exactly meant for tough wear. More for meetings and other functions.

Every body raves about these bracelets, but I have yet to have one. When I got serious about Gs a few years ago I kind of focused on straps, and left bracelets for divers. Not that I don't think they're comfortable, but I got tired of fretting about one more thing on the watch to get scratched and dented.

LUW

Well, they're definitively not for me then. Not that I'm rough on my watches (far from that) but at least in principle a G is supposed to be a strap & forget kind of watch, so if I would have to baby the bracelet it won't work out for me.
So I guess it's maybe like white resin; very cool, but not 100% practical.

Sengyoku

Lu, I think you should give the 5600/6900 Combi bracelet a go... I think you'd really like them too :)

I find it's actually quite resilient, even for rougher activities, definitely more so than say a full metal, IP bracelet. Mainly because the Resin parts on the bracelet are actually 'bigger' (main links) than the metal parts (the smaller links in the middle). I also think it's a great compliment to screwbacks because it helps balance the extra weight of the screwback!

Anyway, they don't cost an arm and a leg, and you might be able to scavenge an old one from a pre-owned GW-M5600BC or similar - don't write them off just yet! :)

Edit: Vade_R has posted a perfect combination above... the GW-5000 on combi bracelet! That's uber square beauty :) (the day I get a GW-5000 I will do the same!)

LUW

Vade_R has posted a perfect combination above... the GW-5000 on combi bracelet! That's uber square beauty :) (the day I get a GW-5000 I will do the same!)
Now that's a model that would "deserve" a combi bracelet! However, it would be a pity to not use the stock uber-soft resin, so maybe a better match would be with the 5030...
think.gif

Sengyoku

Any screw back would work great with the combi IMO. I just think the GW-5000 with combi just makes it even more so the "G for every occasion". Besides, the resin can always be put to use on another modern square :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk