dreaded rot

terryjames

Hi everybody,As the title i have been hanging onto this dw003 hoping that i might come across and old knacker with half decent bezel that i could rob.The module is fine and the back case seems ok but the top{bezel} has disintegrated.Reading an old post by "backward" it seems that a 9052 will do the job.I`ve sourced one in the states on evilbay but i thought i would ask if you had any comments first.I know it`s not worth a fortune but it has become a project and i`d like to get it back to wearable.Thanks and heres some Pics.
DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2381.jpg

Any help,info or advice would be welcome.Again,Thanks.....................Terry

rutteger

Administrator
Shame the bezel has crumbled. What do you intend to swap from which watch to the other? There can be the odd gotcha when swapping between the bezels with the shrouded buttons so hope it works out. Have a G-2210 in bits you could have parts from if you thought they'd be of use for not much more than postage...

terryjames

Thanks for the reply.I only need the top part of the case {or bezel} everything else is fine.I typed in dw003 on the search engine here on the forum and found backwards post about the 9052 bezel fitting the dw003 thats what started me off again.Thanks again..........Terry

disavowed

Have to say - my G-SHOCK respect died a bit when I read about this anomaly.

Figured these cases would have had a half-life of a few hundred years...

Which begs my google search of 'resin' vs 'plastic' definitions.

terryjames

Just an update.I have as said before been searching for some time.I have finally won an auction for an unworking dw003 on evilbay.Paid more than i wanted but not to bothered because first i`ll have a go at bringing it back to life and then depending on what it`s like i can rob the parts to fix up my own.Either way it will give me something to play with.Will let you know the outcome..........Terry

rutteger

Administrator
Just an update.I have as said before been searching for some time.I have finally won an auction for an unworking dw003 on evilbay.Paid more than i wanted but not to bothered because first i`ll have a go at bringing it back to life and then depending on what it`s like i can rob the parts to fix up my own.Either way it will give me something to play with.Will let you know the outcome..........Terry

Nice job, look forward to seeing the restoration :)