WRUW : 27th Feb -> 4th Mar

BEEPO-1

Obviously a good day for collectors. Congratulations to Xenio and BEEPO-1 on two fine watches.

@Xenio - pleased that you are happy with your new watch, looks like you collect watches with practical uses outdoors - just don't get too high or too cold testing the altimeter and thermometer on the GDF :D

@BEEPO-1 - I like the look of the Skyforce, so much so that I have one somewhere in the postal system, probably on a slow boat somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. Enjoy!

It's been a hectic day here at Macspite Towers, cutting out those watches with the 1199 module from the rest of the herd and holding them down whilst I corrected the date for leap year. Goldarned critters were running around telling everyone it was the first of March and annoying the solar atomics in the herd.

The cull included 3 DW-6600s, a DW-6630, a DW-003 and a pesky little Timex Ironman that has somehow got in :)

Once that excitement was over I had to go to the sorting office to pick up this weeks newcomers. Only room for one on the wrist (take note Xenio!) so chose this DW-004 to wear:

View attachment 2133

View attachment 2134

DW-004ASJ-7T

I have a DW-004 it's blue and grey, on a fold-over and buckle velcro strap. It's quite thick too. Highfive ghost.

xenio

Thanks macspite and dont worry about me :friendly_wink:. You are right about outdoors. But anyway, as i said, i like when watch can do something, not just to show the time. I used to hike, walk through forests and mountbiking. But now i am not so active due to several injuries and the worst one was an knee injury- injured knee ligaments or crossed ligaments (I think they call it something like that). At this age (40) it is not recoverable so i have to pay attention. But the funny fact is that injured here at home, at backyard while playing with my kids.
As soon as weather gets better i will test my gdf.......in the forests of course :D

rutteger

Administrator
DW-6500 Skyforce has finally landed. Quick and dirty pic. This watch is really amazing. It has gold buttons, has 20BAR rather than 200m, and is red, orange, a little green on the screen, and black. I love it!!!! Highfive :ghost:

Looks super clean, one of my fave models. Enjoy :)

xenio

I ordered it here from Serbia, Belgrade (i live in Loznica (Lesnica) 130 km from Belgrade) and it arrived yesterday. About houngry..............yes i know. I've experienced that feeling before :)

macspite

@Macspite - another fine arrival, where was this scored? Not seen a DW-004 TCOS before, now I have :)

From the same vendor as today's DW-004BD-3T

S5000030.jpg

S5000040.jpg

Both this and the triple crown sold with known defects that make them beaters. this one is the worst - scratch on bezel - visible on top of second picture and missing 900 label on strap. Both have very minor damage - so minor I can't really see it - around the buttons.

Arrived individually bubble wrapped in a stout cardboard box, tracked postage, full and friendly communication throughout the deal. And a decent price for the pair! If it were eBay it would be full 5 stars for all aspects of the transaction.

But it wasnae eBay.

I have Casio set as a search term on watchrecon.com which shows mainly sales on a certain watch seeking forum but includes some other sites as well. Most sales are in the US but there are some from other places. This was UK so no customs hassles.

The seller is someone with a fine track record on eBay who has collected some fine pieces. This was part of his thinning of the collection and generating some cash for the next acquisition.

I know he sometimes visits these pages so - Hi Paul and thanks for these two watches!

rutteger

Administrator
Both certainly look very clean. Occasionally use watchrecon but it's much too tempting :)

Gone with the DW-5025 rising white today since it would seem spring is here.

IMG_20120301_100722.jpg