WRUW : 5th Mar -> 11th Mar

syedazmi

My all time favourite :)
Untitled.jpg

macspite

[h=1]EQW-M1100DC-1A2
20120305_094446.jpg[/h]
First photo. Need to take a couple of links out to make the band fit. Once I have figured out how to attach my Galaxy Note phone/tablet (phablet?) to a tripod and cleared some space I may get round to comparing this to my GW-3000B

rutteger

Administrator
Sorry about the brief outage, should be business as normal once again.

@syedazmi - Nice D & R

@macspite - Ahh, very cool. Assume this was from Amazon. What do you reckon? Is this one with the 'direct access' system ??

Going for the 3rd best watch today, my lowly DW-9700 Men In Navy Gulfman :)

2012-03-05 10.30.33.jpg

macspite

Sorry about the brief outage, should be business as normal once again.

It all went tango uniform a little later (I have been working from home so keep checking every so often). Now 17.50 GMT and all seems ok

@macspite - Ahh, very cool. Assume this was from Amazon. What do you reckon? Is this one with the 'direct access' system ??

My Amazon gift card purchase. Not direct access (or is it smart access?). Hands and each sub-dial work hard for a living and perform at least two tasks. Set it for timer, alarm or stopwatch and everything starts to rotate into its new position . It does everything a standard digital will do with the (dis)advantage of looking incredibly busy while it sets itself up for the task. The stopwatch is excessively complex when running. Not sure if it can be easily used as a precision timer but it is great fun for all around to see it in action.

I will need to get set up for video as this and the GW-3000 have some similar characteristics, should be interesting to compare and contrast. One thing that isn't evident from the photo is the weight of the thing - about 200 grams or 7 ounces in real money. The lume is almost readable in darkness which is just as well as,like the 3000, it has no light. Slight disappointment for what is obviously intended to be a high end watch is that it has a normal back held on by 4 screws, a proper screwback would be so much nicer.

It came with a manual thick enough to choke a donkey which should provide a good read over the next few weeks. The script for the buttons is on the back of the watch which may be a bit awkward for someone new to Casio operations, it would repay sitting down and playing with for an hour or so before using in anger.

I'll try for a full report when I get back from Wales at the weekend.

Going for the 3rd best watch today, my lowly DW-8900 Men In Navy Gulfman :)

View attachment 2179

A similar looking gulfie is on sale at a certain watch seeking site courtesy of one of our members:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-casio-dw-9700-9vt-icerc-gulfman-g-shock-grey-jelly-solar%A3130-657750.html

rutteger

Administrator
Yes, looks the the site has been down most of the afternoon, big issue with the hosting provider.

Anyhow you are right Smart Access as first seen on the EQW-A1000 Edifice. Pretty sure the new GW-A1000 Aviator will also have the Smart Access system, will have to have another look at the catalogue preview.

The Edifice looks greast either way, very solidly built item, enjoy :)

Had noted the Gulfman of PSweeting, very nice item.

Anyhow finally got round to fixing up my old DW-8400G-1, more details elsewhere.

IMG_20120305_170631.jpg

BEEPO-1

That Mudman looks amazing - How's it modded? I'm still new to G's ... kinda dumb with recognizing what I'm looking at.

macspite

Just about to go out of the door with my stealth 'n' sterile Frog when I noticed the postman had snuck a wee padded envelope through the door. Opened it and this came out:

20120306_132716.jpg

It's a DW-069 Jim, but not as we know it - I have looked on the watchshock.com archive but not found this particular 069 and done a search for "gold Casio DW-069" via Google.

Here it is outside the south station for the new Emirates Airline cable car across the Thames with a BFO crane in the background:

20120306_144946.jpg

And here it is on the draining board with the haul from my pockets after getting home. Photos have highlighted a scratch on the high spot of the bezel moulding around the EL button that shows a silvery resin underneath

20120306_171525.jpg

The vendor reckons to have bought this from a garage sale a couple of years ago from John "Captain Jack Harkness" Barrowman - might have to watch some old Torchwood DVDs to see if I can spot the watch!