Minor auction annoyance

rutteger

Administrator
Bought a watch from a well known auction site, ended a little after midnight. Seller messages me 2 minutes after the auction had ended requesting payment asap so the watch could be sent asap. Was asleep at the point. Second message received 7:30 the following morning requesting prompt payment. When I finally sat down to work around 9:00 made payment. A week has passed and guess what is yet to arrive....:dejection:

Pendragon69

Hmm, sounds very fishy why someone would push you so sudden to pay. Does he live in the same country as you? If so then something seems to be up.
Whats his history like & also has he got anything else selling?

rutteger

Administrator
Im still yet to use that certain site for G-Shock purchase, too much hassle if you get a dud.

If you pay via paypal eBay is fairly safe. Had a couple of duffers and in every case I've had my money back with minimal hassle. Got to say quite enjoy the sport of eBay and the potential for a bargain, although buying from forums such as here, TZ or elsewhere is almost certainly safer.

Think today will be a week, no arrival I'll message them and then start a paypal dispute when I can. Not especially worried about losing the cash becasue I'm sure I won't, more the irritation of being super keen to get the money then super tardy actually posting out the goods :mad:

macspite

Have you got a phone number for the guy? I can always text or ring on your behalf when I get up - 04:30 tomorrow :D

rutteger

Administrator
Tempting but the chap has (or not) my address....

Anyhow got a message indicating the watch was back at his local PO because I'd sent the wrong address and please could I leave him good feedback. Clearly paypal had sent the correct address as they always do. This slightly dull saga continues....

rutteger

Administrator
After nearly a month with nothing but curious messages from the seller via eBay finally got my money back today. Which is something I suppose....

TZA

glad you got your funds back ok. smh, some people just cant make an honest living.

well...time to look for another watch!

cheers!

rutteger

Administrator
glad you got your funds back ok. smh, some people just cant make an honest living.

well...time to look for another watch!

cheers!

Yeah, very odd. I'd share some of the messages here but perhaps best not.

As for another watch one has already been purchased in the Jason's place :p