Orange G-Shock GX-56-4DR in for review

rutteger

Administrator
......and it's massive :eek:

P1000057.jpg

pastrana72

They are nice, I have a GXW-56 in orange, however they pick up the grime easily, mine is now orange and black through wearinring it to work as an engineer. It still looks cool though. :D

rutteger

Administrator
How do you find the, er, bigness of it? Seems even chunkier than a GW-200 series frogman. Interesting point regards the marking, will have to keep it away from the grime.

Wazza

I am looking to pick up the GX-56-1AER version soon (Black with red buttons and module guard). I have seen a few people go for the stealth look by using RIT black dye on the red parts. I am going to have a go at that and see what happens. ;):p

rutteger

Administrator
I am looking to pick up the GX-56-1AER version soon (Black with red buttons and module guard). I have seen a few people go for the stealth look by using RIT black dye on the red parts. I am going to have a go at that and see what happens. ;):p

Good luck with that, look forward to seeing the results. Where are you sourcing the RIT dye from? Tried a dye job once using dylon, it didn't go 100% well....

Wazza

Good luck with that, look forward to seeing the results. Where are you sourcing the RIT dye from? Tried a dye job once using dylon, it didn't go 100% well....

You can buy RIT dye off Amazon. I have been told to get powdered dye because the liquid version can give poor results apparently. Only time will tell. :confused:

rutteger

Administrator
You can buy RIT dye off Amazon. I have been told to get powdered dye because the liquid version can give poor results apparently. Only time will tell. :confused:

Never thought to look on amazon for dye - went to Woolworths. Plenty of people seem to get great results with their dye jobs, sure it'll be good.

Lucky7

I got an orange one recently. Very big but a I love it. Bonded with it very quickly. Great watch for the money. For those thinking of dyeing their watches, there is an all black stealth version coming out soon I believe.