New Smart Access G-Shock GW-A1000 Aviator

rutteger

Administrator
In case you missed the article(s) on the front page the new GW-A1000 Aviator is due out later this year, official press release here > http://www.g-shockzone.com/content....e-the-G-Shock-GW-A1000-featuring-Smart-Access . Includes the Smart Access system (where by the hands are driven independntly) and a thermometer.

G-Shock GW-A1000.jpg

This looks really cool, been thinking of picking up a G from the Aviator line, this could be the one. Only snag of course is the price, this ain't going to be cheap :eek:

macspite

I need to hassle to get more work - or at least get paid for them work I have done - I fancy the RAF version of this :D

STEELINOX

Some have been wondering - "Why a thermometer?"

A temperature reading is useful for weight and balance of an airplane.

Fuel weighs less when its warm and opposite when cool, so you can carry more when its cooler at fill up...

rutteger

Administrator
Great info, thanks STEELINOX. Wonder if the thermometer will work any better on the wrist than existing models - doubt it which is a shame :(

Have some more information on this watch from Baselworld 2012, will post up over the next couple of days.

macspite

The other reason for a thermometer is for the ambient air temperature, air density varies with temperature, hence amount of lift / load capability varies as does take off speed and distance. Get one of the factors wrong and, like we did once, you can take off from Yorkshire and land at Edinburgh with some nice greenery stuffed in the undercarriage.

STEELINOX

The other reason for a thermometer is for the ambient air temperature, air density varies with temperature, hence amount of lift / load capability varies as does take off speed and distance. Get one of the factors wrong and, like we did once, you can take off from Yorkshire and land at Edinburgh with some nice greenery stuffed in the undercarriage.

Great post !

Harii_up

OMG this gshocks are my weakness! I already have the gw3000 aviator! Defo gna add this one in my collection as well